'reFX license transfers not allowed'

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it legal that share-it does not allow to sell bought software of reFX?

I cannot understand it in these days. O.K., these are the terms of contract of share-it. I accept it. But I am of the opinion if you buy something in general (physical or non physical stuff) in your life it is strange that you cannot sell it. It should be possible to sell all things you are willing to sell.

It would be nice to get a few comments.

Perhaps I am in the wrong topic-section but I was not shure where to post it.

Cheers

Marcus
Last edited by b-pole on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
#PassionForHappiness

----I've both bought, and sold, ShareIt! purchased software licenses, not sure what's up with ReFx. :roll:

Jeff

what's up with ReFx.
I am sure.

I own Nexus and Vanguard.

I wanted to sell Nexus yesterday, but I deleted my offer-thread because I saw it in the reFX-forum. I do not want to get legal-punishments.
#PassionForHappiness

Is it legal that share-it mostly does not allow to sell bought software?

e.g. reFX-Stuff.
You are not allowed to do it.

I cannot understand it in these days. O.K., these are the terms of contract of share-it. I accept it. But I am of the opinion if you buy something in general (physical or non physical stuff) in your life it is strange that you cannot sell it. It should be possible to sell all things you are willing to sell.

It would be nice to get a few comments.
This probably isn't about Share-It but the developers of the software. Basically the idea is that you do not own the software, you own a license to use it... And the developer has the right to say that the license is personal and you can't resell it to anyone else. I agree, it's really frustrating, but that's how it goes, and there's not much we can do about it.
never stop loving music.

share-it do not prevent you from selling software you have bought from companies. any license transfer policy ReFX have is set by ReFX and ReFX alone.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

And the developer has the right to say that the license is personal and you can't resell it to anyone else.
any license transfer policy ReFX have is set by ReFX and ReFX alone.
For reFX your statements are definitly wrong.

I talked with Michael of reFX directly.
According to his software he said, that he has a contract with share-it. share-it is the reason for this behaviour. He said, too, that these are the legal contracts of share-it.

Perhaps he is not honest to me as a customer.
But officially he sold the rights to share-it and share-it has the possibility to make there own contracts with the customers
#PassionForHappiness

----ReFx seems to be doing a lot of shady crap lately, part of why they aren't around here anymore I'd imagine. I'm actually in the middle of settling a Vanguard license transfer issue with them, since they went and changed their own made up rules after I had purchased the license, and since I did not ever agree to the new terms. If a company wants to say NO transfers in BIG and BOLD letters, as the FIRST thing ya see BEFORE buying the license, then sure, o.k., all's fair in love & commerce etc., but when they go changing it mid-game, well, I can't consider that legal or fair, and I'd encourage anyone to give them hell about it.

Jeff

I guess seeing your products all over p2p networks can make you a bit jumpy
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

b-pole wrote:
Ah right. ReFX must have some weird agreement with share-it that no other developer on the planet has been obliged to sign. and anyone that ever sold ReFX software in the past broke the law. especially when Michael allowed the transfer of the license

Of course.

The fact that other companies who sell via share-it have license transfer mechanisms in place, and the fact that ReFX used to allow them means its all share-it's doing, and not ReFX's.

Uhuh. :roll:
According to his software he said, that he has a contract with share-it. share-it is the reason for this behaviour. He said, too, that these are the legal contracts of share-it.
Of course they are.

That's why other companies, like Tone2 and Linplug allow license transfer, and take payment for the fees for license transfer by share-it.

http://www.shareit.com/product.html?productid=300108371
https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/cart ... es=1&js=-1

:shock: :shock:
But officially he sold the rights to share-it and share-it has the possibility to make there own contracts with the customers
Erm, yeah, whatever. But even if that were the case, everything I said that you've disputed still holds as true, except for ReFX who seem to have done something no other company using share-it have ever done. For companies who havent 'sold the rights' to their products to a payment-processing company who dont actually exist to sell stuff, just handle payments for other people's sales, share-it dont dictate resale policy, and never have.

1. At first:

I should change the topic of the thread to...
"Why does reFX not allow to sell their software", but in order to avoid more legal-conflict here at kvr I do not change.

ReFx seems to be doing a lot of shady crap lately, part of why they aren't around here anymore I'd imagine.
We have no official statement here about it, but it could be true. At first I was amazed about their products. Vanguard is still a good VSTi. But for the rest of the software I saw strange things:

A. They sell GUI's for Nexus:

How much people buy this? I never saw this possibility on other developer-pages.

B.
The Nexus Bank philisophy:

The sounds are awesome for me, but the prices are definitly to high. They praise the software as the best reason for selling your hardware. But if you would buy all banks you would get 2 "Propellerhead Reason's" or mostly a half "Access Virus TI."

As a conclusion: Stange legal contracts, to high prices.
I would be very interested in knowing the reason why they are not here any more. But everyone on kvr could make his own decisions about such a behaviour.
#PassionForHappiness

b-pole wrote:
And the developer has the right to say that the license is personal and you can't resell it to anyone else.

its sad he would lie to his customers like that :(

if i was you i would email share-it asking about the transfer & then forward the reply (saying that that's down to REFX & not them) to REFX,

with a note saying "good news! you are allowed to let me sell this vst after all"

Subz

b-pole wrote: but in order to avoid more legal-conflict here at kvr I do not change.
that's a bit unfair; first you accuse a company of dodgy behaviour, but, when confronted with the possibility that that's not the case, you just leave the accusation there.

why not just rename the thread something non-accusatory? 'ReFX license transfers not allowed' would do.

FYI,

Zebra can be resold & so can energyXT,

its defiantly NOT down to share-it!!!

Subz

that's a bit unfair; first you accuse a company of dodgy behaviour, but, when confronted with the possibility that that's not the case, you just leave the accusation there.

why not just rename the thread something non-accusatory? 'ReFX license transfers not allowed' would do.
o.k., done
#PassionForHappiness

Subz is on to it....what is he going to do if share-it says it's up to reFX? He's either caught in a lie or he allows it. Either way you win. He has the chance to make it good if he was mistaken or you have dead proof he's not honest.
Play what you feel and feel what you play.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”