ManyBass gets Disk Streaming! Video and Details.

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys

ManyBass has just had a great new feature added. We now have Disk Streaming ability in ManyBass. We call this feature "Advanced Cache Technology" or ACT for short. ACT is a technology similar to DFD, which lets you use audio samples larger than the available memory and play them smoothly in real-time by using a custom disk cache algorithm. ACT was developed for ManyBass in cooperation with AraldFX.

Current ManyBass customers (and anyone else interested) can watch this video that introduces it:

http://www.manytone.com/VideoDownload/M ... nology.wmv

(Note: Video quality is compressed down to only a 10 meg file so please note that the audio is compressed heavily, the video is only meant to introduce ACT). (Mac users note that we are still working on a Mac compatible video.)

This is a huge addition to ManyBass and I have a new build ready to download for all those customers that want to try it out early (Both PC and Mac!!). Just drop me an email and include your order info (or email addy you purchased with) and next week, I will send you the new ManyBass build with Advanced Cache Technology. Official release will be soon but until then current and new users that want to try this can shout at me for the update early!

Enjoy, and don't forget to check out the video to see the speed improvements!
Paul

That's an awesome new feature! Looking forward to work with that! :D
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

I have had the privilege of getting to try this out early (thanks Paul) and it works so well, it is so powerful, that I immediately asked them to license the technology so that I can hopefully someday enjoy this kind of performance with all of my sample based VSTs. Really, their new technology kicks every body's ass. Wait till you try it, you click on a new preset or sound and BAM! There it is...just like that. Couple that with the sound of ManyBass and you have a bass module that can't be beat.

I'm freaking out!

Riley :shock:
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Will Manystation get this feature at some point as well?

Mart.

HI

Manystation 'is' the Wusikstation engine: later versions already have a disk streaming algo as far as I can remember (don't use my Wusik these days).

So Manystation will need to be up-dated to a newer version of the Wusik engine for us to see this feature.

I imagine that Manystation will probably be 'reincarnated' into a variation of this new app that was developed for ManyBass - although I am sure Manytone will remain tight lipped about it!

I suspect that Manyguitar will have a similar fate ... that sounds BAD: but I imagine it will actually be good!

Flipper.

Wusikstation does have disk-streaming, but not as smooth as ACT looks in the video, so maybe William would be interested in licensing the technology.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Hi
Thanks for the comments, I see Riley is lovin' it already.

On that note I just sent out the new build with ACT to those that have requested it so far. Yeah... I said next week but we got things wrapped up early so.... Anybody else want to try the new Disk Streaming now? (Both Mac and PC)

Paul

Little Bump for the big feature.

Any of you guys who have tried it have any comments on the improvements?
Paul

Well Paul thanks to you and AraldFX it's just so much more fun to make music now without waiting for samples to load that we are off writing our new masterpiece.

Riley :D
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

hey paul just installed the new version with act ,man its so fast and responsive love it, going to spend the next couple of hours with it but no problems with it so far.
man this is great, hope manyguitar will get this to.

This is a wonderful feature! Now I can keyswitch all of my Wusik sounds also and load them instantly! Well done!

Even with the loading times I really enjoyed using Manybass! I felt it was worth the wait. Now it looks like waiting times are totally eliminated!! I cant wait to try this out :)
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

Great to hear guys....No one has reported any issues yet at all! ;-)

Any other ManyBass users want to try the new Disk Streaming? No Mac users have contacted me yet???

Paul

Actually not a bug, but a cool feature I found: using ACT with sustaining or evolving WusikSounds (not ManyBass sounds which decay too quickly), I hold the sustain pedal and hit a note. Then I load a new sound while the original tone continues. I hit another note and layer it. I can continue doing this until I have reached the max voices with many different sounds playing simultaneously in the same keyswitch slot!

hehe
Good to see you are working hard trying to crash it ;-)

Return to “Manytone Music”