IFF Synth v1.2 is now available

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1.2 Updates

- Added Arpeggiator.
- Added Preset Sounds + Wavetables
- Fixed problem with saving presets, all params should be saved.
- Added Bit rate effect in Distortion Module.
- Fixed problem with synthedit Mod Wheel & Pitch Bender causing CPU spikes.
- Changed entire unison design. Less voices, but much better CPU all around. Also removed the unison stretch knob which is not necessary in this design.
- Removed pitch bend range from menu. This same behavior can be accomplished by adding Pitch Bend to the pitch matrix.
- Added Polyphonic & Monophonic options to the envelopes. Monophonic mode keeps the arpeggiator from retriggering the envelope.
- Moved the Envelope Line display options to "Global settings". (makes more sense)

PRESETS: (IMPORTANT README)

The default presets use a new default wavetable (provided).
Since the VST .dll installation location may very for each user,
I have made the default location for the wavetable presets here:

C:\Program Files\IFF\Synth\Wavetables

You have many options to make this work:

1.) install the vst with my installation.exe, which creates this directory, and places
the wavetable files in it. (also asks where you want the VST .dll to be installed)

2.) Download the .zip, and manually create this directory, and place the wavetable files
in it.

3.) Dont use the installer or create the specified directory, but deal with having to manually find
the wavetable file every time you load a new default preset.

Please let me know if there are any more problems or suggestions.

Download:
http://www.ianfoxfire.com/iff/Synth/lib ... h_v1.2.exe (Recomended)
http://www.ianfoxfire.com/iff/Synth/lib ... h_v1.2.zip (Read about presets if you use the .zip)

Much better. Please send more presets and wavefiles. What is the format wb1 ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:Much better. Please send more presets and wavefiles. What is the format wb1 ?
.wb1 is the format of the wavetable file. This is NOT an audio file of any sort.

or, Are you asking for wavefile sound examples of the synth?

ianfoxfire wrote:
stanlea wrote:Much better. Please send more presets and wavefiles. What is the format wb1 ?
.wb1 is the format of the wavetable file. This is NOT an audio file of any sort.

No, I was just asking if I could make my own wavetables, or if you are going to provide some more.

stanlea wrote:
ianfoxfire wrote:

No, I was just asking if I could make my own wavetables, or if you are going to provide some more.
You definatly can make your own wavetables!
This was why i originally didnt even have any presets. I was under the assumption people would enjoy creating there own..

From the "options" button in the wavetable view, you can create, save, load or get a NEW blank wavetable.
But remember to save your wavetable via the options button when you save your vst preset/bank, otherwise it will be lost when the vst is closed.

OK thanks. I'll try.

No more problems with the modwheel!!!!!!
Great news and great synth :tu:

Aww, still does not work in Live 6 :(. I was looking forward to trying it out. Hope you can solve the problem one day.

xolax wrote:Aww, still does not work in Live 6 :(. I was looking forward to trying it out. Hope you can solve the problem one day.
can you offer the exact version of Live? I'm using 6.0.7, which is fine.

Im not sure if any of the latest changes in 1.2 made a difference, but it seems to load/play just fine in energy XT,
please let me know if anyone is still having problems with this.

ianfoxfire wrote:
xolax wrote:Aww, still does not work in Live 6 :(. I was looking forward to trying it out. Hope you can solve the problem one day.
can you offer the exact version of Live? I'm using 6.0.7, which is fine.

ianfoxfire wrote:Im not sure if any of the latest changes in 1.2 made a difference, but it seems to load/play just fine in energy XT,
please let me know if anyone is still having problems with this.

no problem with eXT 2.0.2 beta.... :wink:
just some clicks when I play several notes quickly....(maybe some problem with attack)
And loaded and played in Live lite 6.0.10...

Good additions, arp is cool and the presets are decent. I love the chorus, easy to dial in an edgy sound.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

don't forget to morph.
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

very sorry about the delay. had some issues. will be updated by ben (should be soon)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”