New 303 emulator: SilverBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

scoofy wrote:Thanks! Is there something specific about the graphics that you don't like?
Just a personal preference, but the colours remind me of the ubiquitous Apple "Aqua" theme. The buttons seem a bit mushy, and the knobs blurred... and it's maybe a bit too big.

Doesn't really matter, fantastic instrument.

nix808 wrote:
scoofy wrote: Anyways, I'm considering adding a 'retrigger' option to this mode as well, retriggering the env/accent on every note on (even in legato mode).
I would really appreciate this. It's kinda hard to mute so many notes. I can't play any of the good 303 emulations(Rebirth, Phosycon), so that would be cool as I think yours is my favourite. I need to have another look whether I can do this on ABL.
I implemented this, and it's working fine in the next beta.

xoxos wrote:i don't have much knowledge of electricity, my application would pertain only to pitch.. a random/algorithmic subtle (or maybe not so) pitch deviation. i like wide parameters for this.. eg. noise low passed from .00001s or say 5kHz... at least 1/2 semitone max detune if not more.

if you have used ck chorus driver module i often use the noise waveform with pitch of say -3 as mod source for slightly bubbly modulation.. -10 or -8 for slower drift. this is ~centered around the pitch a standard osc would modulate at.
I'll experiment with this after the other updates.

scoofy wrote:
nix808 wrote:
scoofy wrote: Anyways, I'm considering adding a 'retrigger' option to this mode as well, retriggering the env/accent on every note on (even in legato mode).
I would really appreciate this. It's kinda hard to mute so many notes. I can't play any of the good 303 emulations(Rebirth, Phosycon), so that would be cool as I think yours is my favourite. I need to have another look whether I can do this on ABL.
I implemented this, and it's working fine in the next beta.
Thanks very much, Scoofy. I'll sure pick this up, now. Is it possible that I might be able to D/L the beta when I purchase a licence?
Wishing you satisfaction in creation, nix

nix808 wrote:Thanks very much, Scoofy. I'll sure pick this up, now. Is it possible that I might be able to D/L the beta when I purchase a licence?
Sure, I'll give you the next beta soon.

Hey again,
Cheers for that. Much appreciated. I love the sound of Rebirth, but find it hard to sequence, Phosycon, too. This is a real step forward, in an equally well sounding, but slighly different flavoured emu. Looking forward to controlling with midi guitar.
Cheers 'gen, nix

Hey again,
Thanks for the beta. Sounds great played with guitar in Fruity. It's not a pressing thing for me, since it's working fine in FL, but there are a couple of bugs in Orion Platinum 7.5 beta. When the plug loads, there is only the first note played sounds. I then have to reset all the buttons in the BPM panel, after that it plays, however it sends an additional note on at each note off. Not sure if this an obvious thing why or not. Maybe you could check it out with the demo, no biggie for me.

Hey again,
This glitch doesn't happen in the latest beta of Orion, so it was at their end, like. Back to the music!
Cheers, nix

SilverBox VSTi v1.1 is released!

Changes in v1.1:
- SilverBox can now be played from an external host!
- Changed knob behaviour to linear vertical
- Added subsonic filter for overdrive
- Added MIDI CC for VCF tune and velocity sensitivity
- Fixed FL7 issue
- Slight GUI changes
- Minor bugfixes

Special offer: SilverBox is available for 35 EUR until 15th January 2008.

http://www.spectralhead.com/silverbox.php

how do existing registered users get the full new version? the URL from when i bought references a 100.exe version, is it this version that is updated even though the filename is not 1.1?

No, I'll send you the new URL now.

scoofy wrote:No, I'll send you the new URL now.
thanks a lot scoofy :)

You're welcome :) Hope that the external sequencer mode works well.

"NOTE: Although this VSTi is marked as "Made with SynthEdit", SynthEdit was apparently only used for the GUI."

How come Silverbox didn't get this disclaimer that Sylenth 1 got?

I don't know. On the other hand, I don't know why Sylenth1 got that. Probably Mr. Addink got afraid that his sales would go low because of the prejudice against SynthEdit creations, so he added that. Sylenth1 is made with SynthEdit & the SynthEdit SDK, which is also part of SynthEdit. So it is made with SynthEdit, but he keeps trying to convince everyone that it's NOT made with SynthEdit. I suppose the 'Made with SynthEdit' sticker comes from times where the SynthEdit SDK was not available, so those synths had worse performance and a typical SE sound, so the prejudice roots there. Today it doesn't matter much because lots of tools are available.

Return to “Instruments”