New multiple tracks spectrum analyzer released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear KVR members,

many of you have been asking for multiple tracks support after the release of the Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro plugin. After several attemps, we have finally decided to release this functionality in a brand new plugin dedicated to this usage: we are happy to unleash Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi, a multi-track spectrum analysis DirectX and VST plugin for Windows: using our exclusive data sharing technology supporting multi-core CPUs, it lets you visualize the spectral content of several audio tracks on the same screen with extreme smoothness and high resolution for both time and frequency. You can actually see which part of the spectrum every single instrument uses while doing your mix.

Just like with Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro, the frequency analysis can be fine tuned in details, and three modes are offered for each channel: instant, peak or average response of several audio tracks can be displayed on the same graph (the plugin supports up to 16 curves). Zooming capabilities and coordinates display let you exactly measure the characteristics of the spectrum for each audio track. Thanks to the routing capabilities you can define different settings for each track and thus adapt the analysis for each audio signal you want to analyze. A tutorial shows you how to use this plugin for multiple tracks spectrum analysis.

Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi is available as a single product or within the "Analysis Pack", "All Plugins Pack" or "FreqAnalyst Pack" bundles. A demo version can be downloaded from the product page and special introduction prices have been setup for this new release.

Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi features:
- Mono, stereo or mid/side multi tracks real time spectrum analyzer: visualize and compare the spectrum of several audio tracks on the same screen.
- Unique data sharing technology with multi-core processors support.
- Total control over the analysis parameters, with slope and offset correction.
- Smart interpolation algorithm for extreme display smoothness.
- Spectrum view with zooming and precise measurement capabilities.
- Instant, peak and average curves display for each track.
- Save the curves for easy A/B comparison.
- Opacity control for the user interface.
- Custom absolute and relative threshold control.
- Undo/Redo.
- Import/Export presets and share them between the directX and VST versions.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Skinnable user interface.
- DirectX and VST plug-in formats support.
- Full automation support (all parameters can be automated, with smooth and continuous update)
- Real time MIDI control with advanced settings (MIDI channel and CC numbers, with complete response curve control) and MIDI learn.
- Any sample rate supported.

Pricing (special introduction prices - limited time offers):
- Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi: 59.25 EUR (instead of 79 EUR) or $78.80 (instead of $105.07)
- Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pack: 74.25 EUR (instead of 99 EUR) or $98.75 (instead of $131.67)

- Blue Cat's Analysis Pack: 125.10 EUR (instead of 139 EUR) or $166.38 (instead of $184.87)
- Blue Cat's All Plugins Pack: 509.15 EUR (instead of 599 EUR) or $677.17 (instead of $796.67)

Registered Blue Cat Audio users benefit from extra discount offers. Emails are being sent right now!

Routing with Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi:

hey :)
It looks nice !

btw I forgot to tell you we have a multi tracks spectrum analysis tutorial to learn how to use this plugin.

OMG BlueCat I had a feeling you were up to something but this is simply amazing!! Got a couple of questions for you..

I'm wondering how long the introductory pricing will be in effect?? I'd like to just buy the All Plugins bundle. Oh and let me get this straight, the bundle is every BCA plugin (please say yes).. I ask because I would like to purchase by the end of November..

How is the cpu usage for this plugin? Got any spec sheets?
I'm curious as I will be busing audio to the analysis/display instances on a networked (effect) PC. Can I use 'say' FX teleport or FX Freeze with FreqAnalystM?

Please let me know.

L

Nice, the pieces were all there so I figured this was in the works.
Regards, Mike

Lagrange wrote: I'm wondering how long the introductory pricing will be in effect?? I'd like to just buy the All Plugins bundle. Oh and let me get this straight, the bundle is every BCA plugin (please say yes).. I ask because I would like to purchase by the end of November..
It's usually one month, maybe more, depending on how fast we release the next product. As far as I remember (tell me if I am wrong) you already own a plugin of ours, don't you? If it's the case we can always negociate a special price for the whole bundle (so that you do not pay twice for the same plugin). and yes, the "all Plugins Pack" is really the whole plugins collection.
How is the cpu usage for this plugin? Got any spec sheets?
It really depends on your hardware and the settings you use. On modern multi-core CPUs you can instanciate many of them without even noticing it, except if you push the presision and refresh rate to maximum. Then if you display all 16 curves with overlay and antialias you just need to have a not too old graphics adapter. You can always remove graphics options anyway for faster display. We have worked a lot to make this work on quite old machines. As an example on our Macbook Pro running Vista (please don't yell at me...) we don't have enough audio tracks in our projects to to reach 100% cpu usage...
I'm curious as I will be busing audio to the analysis/display instances on a networked (effect) PC. Can I use 'say' FX teleport or FX Freeze with FreqAnalystM?
I don't know how you intend to use these products with our plugin but I can just say that right now the shared curves bus cannot be shared accross machine yet. You need to have all your plugin instances in the same application to share the curves between the instances. I don't say we won't support distributed environments in the future but it's not the case right now.

Maybe just download the demo and see by yourself if you like it :).

mn wrote:Nice, the pieces were all there so I figured this was in the works.
:wink:

Well I could check but I think the plugin I was inquiring about before was the peak recorder or perhaps one of your mixer bundles. I'd just like to own them all as they have so many uses in my setup. I think I can figure out a way to route FAM via an audio network connection. I will try the demo as per your advice. Whats the limitation??

L

yep, I remember talking with you about plugins stuff on this forum but it might have been freeware...

The demo limitations is three simultaneous instances of the plugin and a short bypass time here an there. Nothing that will prevent you form having fun :).

As long as the FreqAnalyst Multi instances are on the same machine, your setup will work (you can route all audio tracks to be analyzed on the same machine, keeping the other audio effects on other PCs).

Note that you can also have fun with the MIDI I/O capabilities of our other plugins and a multiple machines setup if you can connect your machines with MIDI cables...

Intriguing plugin...will have to check this out.
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!---Homer Simpson

Thanks for this and your other plugins Blue Cat!

If you have not seen it yet, I mentioned your site in my Guitar FX blog: http://www.muzique.com/news/

regards, Jack

I've said it before, I'll say it again: it's hard to test (especially) this plugin with the dropouts. Once you assign your channels, you're lucky if you get to see your multiple channels at the same time when each of them is dropping out randomly. It's a great idea, but with the nagscreens, the lag when you open the GUI and the dropouts, it's just too annoying for me.

I recall I commented once that there was something about your plugins that put me off, and you asked me to elaborate. I think those are the reasons: really annoying demos.

amz-fx wrote:Thanks for this and your other plugins Blue Cat!

If you have not seen it yet, I mentioned your site in my Guitar FX blog: http://www.muzique.com/news/

regards, Jack
Thanx!

bduffy wrote:I've said it before, I'll say it again: it's hard to test (especially) this plugin with the dropouts. Once you assign your channels, you're lucky if you get to see your multiple channels at the same time when each of them is dropping out randomly. It's a great idea, but with the nagscreens, the lag when you open the GUI and the dropouts, it's just too annoying for me.

I recall I commented once that there was something about your plugins that put me off, and you asked me to elaborate. I think those are the reasons: really annoying demos.
hi bduffy, and Thanks for the feedback. It's always hard to find the right balance between limitations and usability. We have discussed this topic a lot before releasing, and it seemed quite usable to us at first sight. But I guess we could maybe change this a little bit to avoid these demo to look annoying. What about a single nag screen per session (the first time you insert the first instance) and a shorter bypass time? Anybody else annoyed by the limitations?

Thanks Blue Cat. It may just be me, no one else is saying anything, but especially with this plug-in, I could not find a satisfactory situation where I had each spectrum up long enough to enjoy and appraise the features.

A shorter dropout is better, for sure. But have you considered a time-limited trial? Like, functions normally for "X" days? Functions normally for "X" minutes? Or does that expose you to hacking?

Return to “Effects”