FR: click the dice doesn't turn it on/off but always randomz

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi ohm,

currently, when you click the dice it switches from "on" (randomize slices) to "off" (reverse changes back to the original sample). I would like to have a more quick/efficient way of randomizing slices.

I think it could be interesting to add the following feature: finding a way to keep the "random" mode activated in order to always have random changes each time you click the dice (ie: in this manner, we do not have to pass through the "on/off process", and each click triggers a new random slicing ... actually, just like the "Rnd" button works for the parameters: one click = a new randomization).

Thank you, ohm, and congrats, because LiveSlice is really cool !

+1
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I agree. The current mode makes sense as a midi parameter though, so I'm inclined to change the behavior of the dice button to keep randomizing with no "revert" option, and then keep the old behavior as a midi parameter.

This way I keep things simple - as opposed to adding more "right click / middle click" combinatons to the already rather complex gui.

comments?
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Just two,
We would want to get back to the original order, while keeping other parameter settings. Perhaps use "right-click [Dice}" ?

And, it would good to have the new behaviour as another MIDI parameter too
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes, that's where it's tricky : the dice should randomize every time, but the "going-back-to-the-original-sample" feature still should remain available anyway :wink:

In this case, after a lot of changes, using the "ctrl-z" undo wouldn't be very convenient...

So, yes, after fruitless randomizations, right-clicking the dice to get back to the original sample may be a nice solution.

Ohm, for example, you could save sample's current state when the user switches from any parameter to the "dice" button, and, then, it would be ok to get the saved sample back when the user right-clicks the dice. What do you think about it ?

Keep up the good work, Ohm !

Return to “Livelab.dk”