What hardware do you use with LiveSlice?

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks and fellow slicers.

I love using LiveSlice live but I have to mouse around and I just appear to the audience as if I'm checking my email. I've been looking around for a decent hardware controller that would allow me enough "scripting" potential to set it up to control most of LiveSlice's functions.

It seems that a Korg PadKontrol is a good choice for this but I wonder if anyone else uses hardware live to control LiveSlice and has some experience and wisdom to share?

Peace

I use a 12" laptop, MOTU 828 and a Novation ReMote SL Zero - run LS in Audiomulch

http://www.ixbt.com/proaudio/novation/zeroslb.jpg

The Novation is pretty good - each dial/button transmits MIDI data, and each dial can have multiple functions if you scroll through the 'layers' using the buttons on the sides. You also get a free copy of the Novation Bass Station VST when you buy it.[/url]

MattyT wrote:I use a 12" laptop, MOTU 828 and a Novation ReMote SL Zero - run LS in Audiomulch

http://www.ixbt.com/proaudio/novation/zeroslb.jpg

The Novation is pretty good - each dial/button transmits MIDI data, and each dial can have multiple functions if you scroll through the 'layers' using the buttons on the sides. You also get a free copy of the Novation Bass Station VST when you buy it.[/url]
Hi Matty,

The picture there is a "403".

I had a Novation Remote LE25. It was quite solidly built and the rotaries nice but the XY pad totally disappointed me. I expected it to be like my laptop touchpad but you have to press hard on it instead. I hear the PadKontrol XY pad is much better so look forward to trying that.
Thanks for the input though :)

Has anyone else used other controller interfaces specifically with LiveSlice?

i use the M-Audio TriggerFinger with LS. for every track i use the learn-function to assign any of the controls to functions in LS (mainly the randomizer ;)).

it's certainly not the best controller for this task as it's meant to be an percussion-controller, but i like it as it looks cool and fits in my notebook-bag along with my audio-interface. ;)

tbh, any controller could do that, it's just your personal preference. i suggest you check out some controllers at a music store and take the one you like best.
if you need elaborate midi scripting, you could get energyXT and use it as a plugin in your host, then inside eXT you can use different midi-plugs to do the scripting and connect that to LS.

Having a good time with my new Korg PadKontrol.
Setting up quite an elaborate scene-set so I can control multiplie LiveSlices and have huge layers going on whilst turning on and off loops and also playing slices with the pads.

Yum.

Is it possible to let the sliced samples cut eachother of like a group mode or something? I'm intending to use liveslice for sampleslicing, and in combination with my MPD24 this would be a killer for it.

Sounds like you might need a monophonic mode or something where a secondary note on would cut off the first one?

LAUWESHIT wrote:Is it possible to let the sliced samples cut eachother of like a group mode or something? I'm intending to use liveslice for sampleslicing, and in combination with my MPD24 this would be a killer for it.
Unfortunately there is no choke group feature currently. Would be a great feature to add. Could be implemented using the same gui widgets as in the output channel selector I imagine.
I added it to my FR list.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Return to “Livelab.dk”