Musikmesse 2008 Meetup?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Compyfox
KVRAF
14306 posts since 19 Oct, 2003 from Berlin, Germany

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Like last year, let's try to see if you can get another proper meetup at Musikmesse 2008 in Frankfurt inbetween 12th and 15th March 2008.

Last year, a lot of KVRians met-up at the U-HE booth, right beside the IKMultimedia booth and straight across the BestService booth. Among them known sounddesigners from the scene, VST/VSTi builders and of course, normal KVRians.

I'm curious who'll attend, and who I might meet there this year. Personally I'm participating on Thursday, the 13th March. Maybe I can meet some of those people in person, who were so kind to help me not only here on the boards, but also to thank them in person and maybe have a nice chat.

So yeah, word up - and see you at Musikmesse 2008. ;)
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ]

brok landers
KVRAF
6101 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:45 pm

i'll be there wednesday and thursday, maybe friday too ...does uhe have a booth this year, too?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Chris Walton
KVRAF
2162 posts since 25 Jan, 2007 from the back room, away from his wife's sight (or so he thinks)

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:14 pm

I'll be there on the 12th (Wednesday), probably just walking around with Mike and meeting people.
Full-time Daddy and Software Developer
Part-time Musician and Smartass
Zero-time Intelligent Being
Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

rsmus7
KVRAF
4168 posts since 2 Feb, 2003 from lost in music

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:28 pm

I would like to be there this year again,
but I don't know if I can make it,
possibly on the 12th.

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Pity that you probably won't make it and we'll miss each other by one day. I liked your company last year at the U-HE booth.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ]

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:57 pm

So... uhm... bump? :)

Chuck E. Jesus
R.I.P.
7301 posts since 23 May, 2006 from in between a cornfield and a river

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 pm

i know Dieter Doepfer will be there on wednesday...i'd shake that dudes hand...

dirty oscillators
KVRAF
2739 posts since 4 Oct, 2006

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:i know Dieter Doepfer will be there on wednesday...i'd shake that dudes hand...
"is that a dial in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
Eins zwei drei vier funf sechs sieben acht

Chuck E. Jesus
R.I.P.
7301 posts since 23 May, 2006 from in between a cornfield and a river

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:12 pm

dirty oscillators wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:i know Dieter Doepfer will be there on wednesday...i'd shake that dudes hand...
"is that a dial in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
that's a ribbon controller, thank you, and i am happy to see you...

Urs
u-he
23515 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Yo, the U-HE booth this time is *next* to Best Service, at A75. It'll most likely look a bit like a newspaper stand. That's because we'll have a funky fake newspaper:

http://www.u-he.com/

We can meet up there, no prob. Looks like we're the only serious software stand this year (as Arturia go hardware). I've heard that not even NI is there... is that true?

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Germany without one of it's major German software/hardware firm?

That's blasphemy, this is madness!
And yes, THIS IS MUSIKMESSE! :hihi:

Urs
u-he

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Compyfox wrote:Germany without one of it's major German software/hardware firm?
Why yes, I'm coming :hihi:

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:19 pm

WUT?!
Looks like you're right, Urs. There's no Native Instrument listed on the Messe Homepage:
http://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankfu ... earch.html

Steinberg is there, Magix is there, Waldorf is there, Terratec is there, but no Native Instruments so far.
Last year there was some more stuff going on indeed (aside from the massively overblown "Apple offerings". I also kinda miss Audio Impressions (Chris Stone with his DVZ), Kjaerhus is not there either.

Looks like this is yet another DJ battle in that hall. Pity, and I thought the music market boomed in the virtual instrument section - that's at least what magazines are showing. Maybe they overdid themselves in terms of costs at the NAMM? But they were always there, both at NAMM and Musikmesse. Sure is strange. Heck even IKM is there again, but if they present yet another "revivial" of their already half-year-long-known product line, I'm gonna pass out on that.

Well, maybe gives me more time to look for actual digital hardware mixers and recording devices, or bug some exibitioners in the acoustic foam section about who has the best deals. Maybe even take a listen to the Equation Audio headphone series - whoops, they aren't there either. What about Muse Research - not there either?! E-MU - THE HELL?!

Come on, where is actually the "fun" or the "need" of going to the fair this year, if barely anybody from the major firms in the VSTi section are participating anyway?! Other than meeting people of course.

Urs
u-he

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:07 pm

Compyfox wrote:Come on, where is actually the "fun" or the "need" of going to the fair this year, if barely anybody from the major firms in the VSTi section are participating anyway?! Other than meeting people of course.
As far as I can see there's only Arturia, Spectrasonics, Korg, M-Audio (GForce, Izotope), Cakewalk (is Rene coming?) and, well, me from the VST side. But I'm not yet in the online catalog either... wtf?!?

Btw... there's also no Superbooth.

This of course gives the press more time to concentrate on u-he :hihi:

Hmmm, I guess Best Service have a lot of stuff again such as Überschall and Luxogy...

We'll see! I wouldn't mind less stress and I'm sure that there's still a lot of fun to be had!

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Sure wouldn't mind less stress either, but I'd have also loved to check out the upgrades from DVZ (Audio Impressions) and maybe even talk with E-MU like every year so far, to talk shop with them about Proteus X. Well, sure gives me more time to hang out in the other halls, though I'm fairly sure, Roland is still riding on their "Phantom remake of the remake" yet again, Kurzweil has nothing new either (I sure would love a VSTi), Yamaha is like "we know jack about what you as us", Line6 is in the Guitar section anyway (maybe NI with GuitarRig, too - yet they're not listed either), etc.

Or... I'll let myself surprise - if you say that you're not in the list either, and reading in the DSP section that some booth's are still moving around, maybe they are there after all, just not listed with their corresponding space yet.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”