djsubject
KVRAF
10826 posts since 26 Nov, 2004 from UK

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:22 am

K-Slash
KVRAF
1623 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Paris, France

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:38 am

I remember that the Emulator X2 Platinum which was announced at a show in 2007, never saw the light of the day...

So maybe they enhanced it a lot more than they could now release it 1 year later as Emulator X3 !

Can't wait to hear more news !

calex
KVRist
252 posts since 25 Sep, 2004

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:53 am

I was interested in the X2 Platinum and that they never released it, now that was pretty lousy after announcing it at a trade show. Well, I never bought it, so maybe I'll jump when X3 is released, or pick up X2 on a blowout.

abi
KVRian
608 posts since 11 May, 2004 from cologne,germany

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:57 am

god i hope an os x version is on its way...as i'm currently changing to mac i could at least get some use out of my beloved emulatorx studio...the 1820m will just sit there without a use...please e-mu, do it right this time and give me an au version...

MitchK1989
KVRAF
2572 posts since 3 Mar, 2006

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:23 am

if they made a mac version that wasn't tied to their soundcards I would love it...

But there's no way I'm switching to an emu soundcard just for that.

keyman_sam
KVRAF
4012 posts since 8 Mar, 2005

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 am

In my opinion EMU seems to have the best "sampler" (one that can actually sample) nowadays, not suprising considering they made the best hardware samplers on the world. Shortcircuit seems to be the closest thing to an emu sampler. Yet, Kontakt takes the lead...sigh...and it can't even sample..lol.

Will watch out for this space for more news on EMU X2 or (hopefully) EMU X3.

setAI
KVRist
450 posts since 22 May, 2003 from San Francisco

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 am

the only way I can see any Emulator product getting any kind of attention is for them to get back to basics and put out usb box with curtis filters in it to processs samples as with the original emulator I and II and bundle it with the complete EMU library from the 80s- maybe as a complact 25-37 key controller/samper keyboard- with SAMPLE RECORDING on the box-

then maybe at least us sample heads would take notice- otherwise we are happy with Live/ FL/ etc

keyman_sam
KVRAF
4012 posts since 8 Mar, 2005

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:49 am

That would drive the cost up so high. Right now, their USB interface is acting as the dongle.

Now, the complete sound library from 90's and the entire XSample CD collection would be cool, although outdated by now.

Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF
2978 posts since 24 Apr, 2003 from Canada

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:53 am

The core product needs alot of usability enhancements. Like the fact that a new bank needs to be saved for *every song* if you alter any of the presets in the bank. Its bank/preset management is a complete mess. The onboard FX are pretty questionable too.

Wonderful sampler - if EMU just completely overhaul the GUI and preset management it will be a very competitive product (and one that NSL would support with soundware!)

paradiddle
KVRian
1478 posts since 15 Aug, 2001 from montreal, canada

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 am

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM07 ... or-X2.html

Wasn't that the last one they announced?

jones-y
KVRAF
2130 posts since 14 Feb, 2003

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Emu's web is down.

brok landers
KVRAF
6101 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 pm

as long as emulator x is as buggy as it used to be, and as long as it eats the same cpu ammount as it used to be, i don't see a too big chance for emu ...
but that's just me of course ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

waveriderarts
KVRian
1213 posts since 2 Jun, 2004 from Québec, CANADA

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:28 pm

I got EmuX2 about 3 months ago, and I love it, it is greatly expanded from X1 and more solid, plus lots of UI enhancements. LOTS of sonic power. it Rocks on a dual core, I agree 2 years ago on my pIV that was not of much use, but now it is a great tool in my opinion. You got step sequencers, you name it, it is there!! and workflow much better in X2.

glokraw
KVRAF
6817 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:30 am

abi wrote:god i hope an os x version is on its way...as i'm currently changing to mac i could at least get some use out of my beloved emulatorx studio...the 1820m will just sit there without a use...please e-mu, do it right this time and give me an au version...
Is there some phobia that Mac converts inhale, forcing them to sell or dumpster their PC just because they are getting a Mac? I'm not picking on you, abi, but I see a lot of posts around the net from Mac convicts -err 'converts', lamenting that synthxxx or
appyyy is not out for Mac, but they used it for years on their PC...why not just
have both? Set two monitors up at your main midi controller, put both computers under it, flanking your chair/bench, so that disks and power buttons are nearby...surely Mac and PC are just boring stubby synths that somehow shipped without the midi keyboards and roms... :) Just got my 0404 working this week,
I'll now face the EmuX2 blowout sales temptation too!

djsubject
KVRAF
10826 posts since 26 Nov, 2004 from UK

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:40 am

EmuX2.5 is supposed to be out this spring so i guess its that?

main thing it adds is multi threading support from what i recall,

i also hope for better patch management, they could rite most of the settings to vst so it saves with host like the other soft samplers do :shrug:

oh well, time will tell,

i own emuX2 so i'm hoping 2.5 is a free update like 1.5 was

Subz

Return to “Instruments”