D3CK: pMix "clone", and old work. [alpha release]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

update:

here is an barebone but working version of MiddyMorphy

http://rapidshare.de/files/39587146/Mid ... y.zip.html

quickstart:
to the left you have a (empty) list of midi controllers.
in the center you have the area where the scenes got created.

by default the autolearn and autokey mode are enabled (right click menu to change), so if the plug in gets midi input data, the correspondong controllers
gets added, and a scene gets created at cursor position.

there is really not much to do. just open the right click menu, and see the few options.
i may write a manual at some point, but i just release this as this juts lays around on my harddrive collecting dust.

have fun!

known issues:
-the vst automation is useless as it is at the moment, as it does not adapt gui size and zoom level.

Open Source JUCE by the way!

Original Message:

Hi Bros.
Long time ago i promised/anounced the release of a little drum sampler called n.Slice, wich never happenede to get finished. :cry:
I' a type of person who never really finish things so please expect too much from the following :( :wink: .
there are several unfinished creations floating around here at my hardrive:

n.Slice - a little sample player to load and handle drums samples quickly.

WaveBrowser - a littel browser vst to browse your sample forlder to mimic energy xt 2's search function (it searches userdeifned sample folders recursively for all/filtered samples), i actually use this, still its not finished.

little cutty - a scratcher plug in, where you can place the needle on a wave file and scrathc it with a controller.

a nameless step sequencer with some cool features.

and now i'm at the beginning of MidiMorph, wich will be a metasurface like vsti like pMix. it is/will be written in JUCE (i started some object design and abstract classes for the gui already).
I often lack support for my creations, as i'm the only one really interested in those things here :( .
whatever, Mighty Pea asked me to give some report here on whats going <bout my pMix clone (MidiMorph the PresetMetaThingy), so here is what i have in mind.
a little sketch:
on the right side, there is a list of controllers and their values for a scene.
a scene is represented by an ellipse in the center area.
you add as many controller as you want. and scenes and make setups for them.
i plan to make a learn mode, where a controler gets created whe it gots tweaked on a midi controll wich sends midi to MidiMorph.
also ther will be auto key, wich will create and select a scene at current cursors position (at the cross hair) with the new dialed in parameter.

also you can enable / disable paramete for each scene, so for example
scene A-cc:77 has value 50,
scene B-cc:77 has value 70,
scene C-cc:77 has value disabled, wich means, scene C will not affect the resulting controller value.

also i plan something like a portamento mode, where you can click on a scene, (wich gets selected that way by the way, also multiple selecteion to ovveride one param for multiple scenes, move multiple scenes is on the way)
and the cursor smoothly wmoves to that scene and interpolates the alue on its path.

the cursor position will be VST automatabel and midi conrollable too.

ok, thats it so far, there some details, as midi throught behavieour and such, wich is not decided yet.

D3CK

p.s.: will be back for typo correction and better/clearer english, i'm a bit in a hurry. :P
Last edited by dasdeck on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cool. Hurry up !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I'm looking forward to this! I'm loving some of your ideas, you've thought this through much better than I ever had :D

Mighty Pea wrote:I'm looking forward to this!
+1 :wink:

thanks, recognizing a problem is the first step to the solution.

anyways, work is in progress:

kind of working already ;)

will be standalone and vst plug in & crossplattform if one can help me compilig it for mac ;)

peace

D3CK

Cool!
I'm not a fan of the buttons, but I realise you're not finished there :)

One thing I'd like to request is a cursor 'speed', by which I mean:
0 would mean clicking somewhere would switch to that instantly
63 would be it would move from the previous point to the new one at a medium speed
127 would mean it'd move very slowly from where the cursor was previously to where you clicked.

Mighty Pea wrote:Cool!
I'm not a fan of the buttons, but I realise you're not finished there :)

One thing I'd like to request is a cursor 'speed', by which I mean:
0 would mean clicking somewhere would switch to that instantly
63 would be it would move from the previous point to the new one at a medium speed
127 would mean it'd move very slowly from where the cursor was previously to where you clicked.
portamento mode is planned . the gui will be skinned, probably not in the frist version thought.

the gui as it looks now is just to test the underlying system.

D3CK

bump, see first post

Alright! I'll test this out tonight and let you know what I think. I've been hoping for something like this come along for years now, and I hope I'm not the only one. I'm pretty sure the Energy-xt crowd (or any other modular) will love this, you should consider posting in that subforum too. At least it'll get put through its paces, and you'll get a few good bug-reports out of it.

i will try this out today

BUMP
stay juicy!

this is fantastic.

one more suggestion...

don't make it steal keyboard focus, until clicking on a text box. i think it's setMouseClickGrabsKeyboardFocus(false)... i know juce has this on for all components by default, and it annoys me.

it crashed on me a couple times when i unselected "auto-key Scene"... this was after creating and deleting a bunch of other scenes. i'll test more later.

maybe i'll try compiling a mac version too.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

dasdeck THIS THING IS AMAZING! Exactly what I've been searching for in a VST. One problem
I can click on each circle and get the changes but cannot get the values to fade from one to another on the VSTi. Does it have something to do with it greying out when I select the fader circle. Again this is truely brilliant.

Hey maybe you an PIZ can collab? I'd love to see what comes out of that :D!
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:dasdeck THIS THING IS AMAZING! Exactly what I've been searching for in a VST. One problem
I can click on each circle and get the changes but cannot get the values to fade from one to another on the VSTi. Does it have something to do with it greying out when I select the fader circle. Again this is truely brilliant.

Hey maybe you an PIZ can collab? I'd love to see what comes out of that :D!
the smiley you have drawen there looks at me in s so cute way, how could i not be so kind and answer to taht :hihi: .

i'm not shure waht you mean. i guess i have to write a manual for this. there is no slide transition at the moment. you have to move the cursor by your self. also beware the audit selected scene switch.
if this is on, and a scen is selected, you'll get the state of the selected sene.

i would work on this, but at the moment i'm working on something else to make a first product to build a little business on. i really want to do small vst/audio business, and i have to sell something to be abale to live from that :hihi: . i really hate my current job (web developer), so this is urgent for me :help: . i have no heart at it at all (i mean nothing, cold as a rock), websites....who needs websites :hihi: :roll: :x .

i'll make a "donation / pay the developer" page, so you could speed up developement. (i could set some legal notes up forcing me to pay back worktime for donations, wich i would gladly do for some money :)).

Return to “Instruments”