The future of DC

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I guess tuz will not have time to organize a DC08, since he seems to be overwhelmed with work. I would love to see the DCs to continue. I just wanted to start a discussion if there is someone who is willing to step forward to organize a DC08. (Not me, I do not have the ime to do this.)

@tuz, I hope you are not offended by me bringing up this subject, I value the excellent work you have done. I am just starting to get worried about the future the
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

not offended at all. i think it's a very good subject. i seriously doubt i will have time to do another one. i think it would be great if someone stepped up to the plate for the next one so that it continues. :)

i've been missing out on a lot at kvr. makes me really upset that i cannot spend any time here. i don't know where this will end. i'm just tired man.

Maybe you could just make a todo list to give an idea of how much work is needed.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:Maybe you could just make a todo list to give an idea of how much work is needed.
Agreed, that would be a good idea. I definitely think the DC should continue and I'd be interested to know what would be required to keep it running.

Good idea, maybe the contest could be managed by a small team instead, can the work be split that way?

ready to collaborate, guys. :)
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

how about some incentive for the organizer(s)? Like a percentage of the prize money? I mean it's incredible & admirable Tuz did this all pro bono in the first place.

I'm open to help the DC in any way I can, but otoh haven't ruled out submitting something for a hypothetical DC08 - and I guess it's not wise to mix contributor with organizer duties... Anyway let me know what I can do
tonespace / hypercyclic

Would Muse be up for helping out, or CM? CM offered their logo last year, and that seemed to be about it - would be nice to get something more concrete than a few column inches :) What if we threatened to talk to MTM :hihi:

DSP

duncanparsons wrote:What if we threatened to talk to MTM
[DickVanDyke] You- you just go ahead and try it! [/DickVanDyke]

no... not Mary Tyler Moore... :roll: :hihi:

:-}

I think it would/could be great if it was "managed" by a team... though, true, a list of what is actually involved - beyond moderating and thinking about it endlessly - would help understand the scope. I can only imagine the time it took, but best how to split it up?

But big respect to tuz for getting the ball rolling and making it a success that people want to see continued. Here's to hoping we can make it happen again in 08.
Now Somewhat Retired

Out of curiosity, did all the dc07 prizes get distributed in the end?

'Twill happen shortly. [OstapBender] Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the ice is moving! [/OstapBender]

[OstapBender]Perhaps you'd also like the key to the apartment where the prizes are?[/OstapBender]

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”