is live slice for me?

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I use Cubase 4.1. I have a bunch of Rex loops, but have never been happy with Cubase's implentation of them. Yes I can import them as audio tracks and change tempos but that seems about it.

I recently got the whole set of esoundz REX packs and am looking for a way to 1) better manage all the files, 2) rearrange the loops, move parts around etc.

How does liveslice work? Do I use it as a VSTi, load 1 loop and trigger it via MIDI?

How is the development on the plugin? How often are their updates?

Any issues with quad core cpu?

Thanks,

Greg

Hi gmon72, I use Cubase 4.1 too & use LiveSlice as my loop mangler for rex & wav/aiff. This will do every thing you asked about & more please please try the demo. I know your gonna love it. LiveSlice Rocks............ 8)

Parris.............

thanks for info - I iwll try the demo this weekend. In the midst of exams this week.

How would you string together 2 or more loops consecutively?

Sorry I have not used Liveslice but I think you may also like Fxpansion Guru. It can slice loops and rex files. You can even just extract the audio and use it on a different extracted groove, which is pretty awesome. Plus it has several engines so you can stack loops and each engine has several pattern memories for variations.

its crazy.
'The science of rich men does not elevate all mankind, but only themselves.'
sound cloud

dszep wrote:Sorry I have not used Liveslice but I think you may also like Fxpansion Guru. It can slice loops and rex files. You can even just extract the audio and use it on a different extracted groove, which is pretty awesome. Plus it has several engines so you can stack loops and each engine has several pattern memories for variations.

its crazy.
yes, but this is the Livelab.dk forum. :uhuhuh: :P

You really have to try Liveslice out to get any idea of how it works. I bought it straight after trying the demo ... it rocks! Wish I'd got it last year. Support is very good and updates are frequent ...

i quickly played with the demo. I take it the demo can only use the demo loop?

rearranging slices seems pretty easy.

Question, after you a loop sliced up and rearranged, what do you do with it?

Do you leave multiple loops loaded in liveslice and trigger them via midi? or do you save them as a new loop and let the host handle it?

I would think the longer it can be left in liveslice the better (so it can be tweaked etc.)

I am curious what others do in terms of work flow.

Thanks

As far as I recall you can browse to your own loops with the demo and use them in LiveSlice. But if you save and reload your project the demo will not reload them.

You can have up to 72 "Arrangements in LiveSlice, each of up to 16 bars long, with several tracks each with 256 events (slice + parameter settings).

Then you can trigger each Arrangement with a MIDI note from your Sequencer. And automate
lots of stuff via MIDI Learn (CC messages or notes).

Try this too:
http://www.asseca.com/darkstar/liveslice-cg/index.htm

HTH

This is just what I needed :

http://www.asseca.com/darkstar/liveslice-cg/index. htm

As I was struggling last night with noatikl.

thanks

Return to “Livelab.dk”