New ManyBass version

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Just seen the notice on KVR of an updated version that fixes the preset naming issues. Anything else fixed/added? And where do I get this? I took a look on manybass.com on my account but couldn't find it.

Cheers :)

P.s. Congrats on the kontakt version.

Any new versions will be on your "Your Account" page on Manybass.com. The link is right next to the "Log Out" button in the top right corner of the page.

Just to clarify for those that need it:

Only the Mac version needed updating. Nothing was added, It just fixed a preset name issue on the Mac Digital Performer host.

The PC version is still the original "ACT" (Disk Streaming) release. On PC you'll know you have the right version if your GUI has "ACT" on it.

As Greg said, all users can get the current version once you are logged into ManyBass.com

As for the Kontakt versions -- Only the 2 addon bass sets were released for Kontakt (The Upright and the Acoustic/Electric)
The 2.4 gig of samples in ManyBass are still exclusive to ManyBass.

Cheers
Paul

Cheers, sorted :)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

Hi,

I tried to update ManyBass to the version available on ManyBass.com and got an error during the install. The message was something like: "There was an error during installation. Please try again." Each time I tried I got the same error. When I then tried to open a Logic 8 project with ManyBass on a track I got a message saying "Unable to load input file /Library/Application Support/AraldFX/Please r/CCs/ccmap.xml" and several other similar messages where it looked like "ManyBass" in the path name was replaced by "Please r". After trying to reinstall it several times I deleted every file and folder I could find with ManyBass or AraldFX in the title (except the samples folder) and re-installed the original version of ManyBass. That worked without a hitch so it seems the problem is with the new version of ManyBass or the installer.

This is on a 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 with 4.5 GB RAM running OS X 10.4.11. A week ago I updated ManyBass on my 2.16GHz MacBookPro running OS X 10.4.11 and, though I seem to remember getting the "There was an error during installation..." message, everything seems to work fine on that computer.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi ba_hill

We are looking into this. Please bear with us.

As you are the first to report any issue with this, I would like to know if any other Mac user has had an issue.

To my knowledge there are a bunch of Mac users who have installed this new update without issues. (It has been available for over a month now) This update only fixed preset names in Digital Performer so the last version you have (providing it has the ACT on it) is the same and you are fine with it for now if you do not use DP.

So .... Any other Mac users have trouble with the update on ManyBass.com?
Or, if you had a successful install, please let us know that also.
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”