12%
Version B
73%
I am a useless prick [the fish option]
15%

Total votes: 67

RELATED
PRODUCTS

These are basically the same synths in different frocks. Version A doesn't have the pop-up Envelope Editors but you do get a little graphic below the sliders to show you what it looks like. I kind of like it but I think Version B might actually be more usable. Whaddya reckon?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Version B makes me want to tweak it more. I like envelopes.
They're both very handsome.

Version A just seems cleaner and more unified to me.

This is a really difficult decision. I prefer the layout of B, but I prefer the envelopes of A

I think at the end of the day I'll go with B though.
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

Prolly not what you want to hear, but a hybrid of both would be best. I like sliders for envelopes, but LFO and other thigns should be a knob or some other device. If I had to choose, my gut said B for aesthetics, but I think A is prolly more usable after further study.

B
But still a bit too small for my taste.

A looks "prettier", but B looks more usable ...

I like the slider layout in A (similar to the old ARP stuff), but I'd be more inclined to use the envelope set-up from B. (voted B)

Like tuzemec, though, I'd much prefer a larger GUI. Old eyes and large monitors at high res really make larger GUIs my preference.

i've gone with the A version. lovely.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Parameters of version A look like they'd be more exact than the envelope of B (wider pixel range), but version B looks like it could be easier to use in a live situation.

Aesthetically, both are looking great.

B cause I loves me an envelope :D.
stay juicy!

You betta' wrap dat gavel up, B... :lol:

I've always preferred B though I prefer sliders. I think the vertical text bugs me a bit. I prefer the drop box yellow text of A.
..what goes around comes around..

They're both nice. I voted B because I don't like veritcal labels. I end up turning my head sideways.

B, but with the less distracting background from A

Return to “Instruments”