Manybass RTAS on Protools 7.4.2 on Leopard

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Manybass works great on my current Tiger 10.4.11 setup on Logic Pro 8.0.1.

I am making the move to ProTools and was wondering what the situation is like on

Manybass RTAS

ProTools 7.4.2

Leopard 10.5.3

Mac Pro 2.8 8Core

Thanks,
nikkei

Hi nikkei

ManyBass is not available in RTAS
As stated on our site, for Mac it comes in Mac AU and VSTi formats (Universal Binary).

However I know we have users running ManyBass via the VST adapters that are available for Pro Tools, so it is being done without any issues reported.

Paul

manytone wrote:Hi nikkei

ManyBass is not available in RTAS
As stated on our site, for Mac it comes in Mac AU and VSTi formats (Universal Binary).

However I know we have users running ManyBass via the VST adapters that are available for Pro Tools, so it is being done without any issues reported.

Paul
I'm pleased to tell you that it works great!

Anyone tested with PT8?

I've just upgraded to Leo and shall be putting all plugs back on soon so wanted to check the status.

Cheers,

Ash :)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

andywright67 wrote:Anyone tested with PT8?

I've just upgraded to Leo and shall be putting all plugs back on soon so wanted to check the status.

Cheers,

Well, if it's any consolation... we have not heard any reports of it not working on PT8 yet. Please keep us informed here of your experience. Also any other users, please let us know how PT8 and ManyBass play together.
Paul

Will do Paul ;)

Thanks
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Hey Paul,

It works fine via VST-RTAS wrapper v2.1, PT 8.0cs2 under Leo 10.5.6

:)

However, I note one issue that the short slide articulation/sample isn't playable by clicking the protools channel midi keys, but is heard when you draw in the note... thus not too much of a problem. I'll write it up as a protools bug report though so they know.

Cheers,

Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Hi Ash
We talked about this back in Feb 2008 I believe.
Here it is:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206210

So the bug is still there in ProTools I guess. Thanks for reporting it to them.
Cheers
Paul

No worries Paul.

The problem just seems to be with the down arrow obscuring the actual midi note so one can't click on it. However, you can still audition it by drawing in the note, click+hold on C#-2 and drag the mouse pointer down to play the note, or ( as of PT 8 ) use the midi editor where the note is playable.

All-in-all a minor bug for PT 8 users, but a real biatch for PT 7 as you recall... I couldn't play nor draw in the notes for C-2 or G8. The latter note is playable, etc... in PT 8, so at least Digi fixed the high range.

All the best Paul, I look forward to hearing some new pack/update news soon. Sounds like you've been v.busy.

Cheers,

Last edited by andywright67 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

BTW, forgot to add...

Using ManyBass with IK AmpegSVX is awesome!!! Highly recommended.

;)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Return to “Manytone Music”