ManyBass automation in FL

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone;
Does anybody have ManyBass and FL? I can't for the life of me,figure out how to make the instrument automation (changing from one bass sound to another) work in FL?
I love FL 8's automation clips and all, but I just can't make it work and I need to change from slap to tapping to finger and muting within a single song and just can't get it right.
I'm probably too sleepy and tired. But I would appreciate any help here.
Thanks in advance. :)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Hi German
Check over the ManyBass Manual. It has details how to do this in ManyBass.

All you do is load the various soundsets you want in the 4 soundset slots and then just trigger a midi note to switch through them.

The bass samples in ManyBass are mapped down to a low B note. The keyswitches are set to the notes just below this: the G0, G#0, A0 and A#0 notes.
So, when you are playing your midi keyboard, all you need to do to change soundsets is play or trigger one of the 4 notes listed above. Likewise you can record or insert these notes into your piano roll manually, to trigger the soundset switch. If you wish you can also change the keyswitch note to any note you want by simply dragging the note display box.

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. You should not need FL Studio automation to do this. Check out some of the presets with KS in the name and you'll see how this is set up.
Cheers
Paul

Hey Paul;
Thanks for the reply. The thing is that FL is kindda out of the ordinary in its MIDI mapping and the notes do not fall within the standard mapping. I just have to find out what the equivalent to G0 is in FL.
I'll post as soon as I find this out. 8)

Middle C should be C3. You can extrapolate from there to figure out if FL is an octave above or whatever. You should be able to change it in the FL settings, also.

Got it.
In FL middle C is C5. Kindda makes sense in a mathematical way.
Therefore what in ManyBass is G-2 in FL it is G0.
Go figure :P
It is working now and I am slowly developing a new tune and adding ManyBass to some older finished tunes that neede a "real" Bass :D

Yeah Sonar uses C5 as middle C, too.

As a pianist, I'm used to middle C being C4, since middle C is the fourth C from the bottom of the piano.

So I ended up adjusting the Sonar settings to make middle C be C3, since that's what most software calls it.

Return to “Manytone Music”