Wanted, LiveSlice beat chopping tutorial, will pay

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just bought liveslice and would much like to create Drum & Bass/Jungle music in the vein of DJ Hype with a lot of beat chopping. I am kind of a newb and would love to see a video tutorial of someone creating a beat from scratch chopping two or more loops with LiveSlice and Ableton Live. Does something like this exist? If not, I'd be willing to pay, please let me know, thanks!
William Grinstead

No love?
William Grinstead

me too - the manual is far to basic, i have the track set up in the arranger and i have no idea how to save the damn thing, do i have to record it or something, sorry but i have been using hardware for many years and just getting to grips with software and i find the manual far too basic, its explained in a way as if you should know things already, sorry but give us old timers some more detail, ive read the manual about 10 times and still can't figure it out!

There are several ways to do this.
You can either create several differnet arrangments in different notes by copying from one arrangement to another, changing it up and then trigger it (click on the note you want to copy and right click on where you want to paste it).
You can automate the slicer by tweaking the sensitivity (create a controller for the audioslice(sens)).

Basically I think you should be able to find what your looking for in the Settings - MIDI control config page. There are some very power features there!!
stay juicy!

empirix wrote:i have the track set up in the arranger and i have no idea how to save the damn thing, do i have to record it or something, ...
If you want to save everything in LiveSlice to be used in your host "as is" saving your project should do the trick. If you want to make changes to the underlying audiofile loaded in LS, you should double click the name of the audiofile inthe upper left hand part of the browser, rename it and hit the little save button (NOTE saving without renaming the file WILL save over the orignal without warning so be careful). If you want to 'save' audio that has been reordered, you can either render it out in your host or route the instance of LS to another one and record it. Pretty simple :D
stay juicy!

Dude i just want to chop up the wav file in the slicer (drag and drop to the arranger) and save what is in the arranger - can i do this?

If i rename the file in the top left corner and hit the save button, it saves whats in the slicer, i want whats saved in the arranger.

Any help appreciated

Ahh I see. AFAICT No you have to render it out (thats how I do it). That would be cool though. You can simply do this by routing to another LS instance.

I'm surprised ohm has not jumped in here. He's usually good at support questions etc.
stay juicy!

Return to “Livelab.dk”