Middi Morphy VST preset morpher

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

-PIKU- wrote:for me the solution could be:
use the right mouse button to select and move scenes (the delete-name-color will appear in the menù)
while with left button you can trigger scenes or morph
that could work... i'll see what i can do.
regarding precision: the idea of calculating the morph from the edge is good for me but if the cursor is inside a dot there mustn't be cc variations
agreed.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

-PIKU- wrote:i use a touchscreen... it works 8)
:shock: :tu: Gotta get my hands on one!

Any idea if zoom will ever be possible IPH?
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote: Hmm not too sure what kind of resolution that is needed but what about quantizing the cc's to snap to the desired number? Just a guess :shrug:
do you mean using some kind of grid? i don't think it' a good solution
it would led to stepped morphing with bad musical results

for me there are two ways
1- calculate distance from the edge. but it has to work better than the last version
2- an option that centers the cursor to a dot automatically, like if the dots were magnets...

here's another one to try. i changed the mouse behavior, so that a scene doesn't stay selected when you left-click it, so that it can be triggered again immediately. to keep it selected, you can ctrl-click or use the marquee.

also it should always send the exact scene values when the cursor is inside the scene circle.

http://thepiz.org/xt/MiddyMorphy.zip
wrongtastic, baby

-PIKU- wrote:do you mean using some kind of grid? i don't think it' a good solution
it would led to stepped morphing with bad musical results
I was just throwing it out there as a possible work around :shrug:. Oh well the new one seems to do the trick ;)!
insertpizhere wrote:also it should always send the exact scene values when the cursor is inside the scene circle.
So far this one works flawless :D! I like the fact that I can now name the circle :tu. Another thing would be to possibly make the cirls(s) resizable..

Thanks again IPH.

edit:

I dont know if this is happening to anyone else but sometimes when I add a new CC and give it a value I automatically get a scene ball. Also if I change the CC number when nothing is selected I get one. Is this normal (its kinda cool)??
stay juicy!

insertpizhere wrote:here's another one to try. i changed the mouse behavior, so that a scene doesn't stay selected when you left-click it, so that it can be triggered again immediately. to keep it selected, you can ctrl-click or use the marquee.

also it should always send the exact scene values when the cursor is inside the scene circle.

:love:
we are near to perfection!

but, i'd like to have another feature/option:
a mouse mode so that the cursor goes immediately on the "click position" (for now you have to click on the cursor and drag it)
in this mode, obviously, you can't select-move scenes, but i think that it would the best solution for live performances where everything is configured.

another possibilty: use right click to select-move and double right click to show the delete-name-color window...

other secondary requests: hide cc values section (pressing tab for example)

Also add delete to the right click on the controller side would be useful.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:I dont know if this is happening to anyone else but sometimes when I add a new CC and give it a value I automatically get a scene ball. Also if I change the CC number when nothing is selected I get one. Is this normal (its kinda cool)??
that's the "auto-key Scene" feature.
this is in the latest version, download it again...

i also just added alt-drag to set the cursor to the mouse position. still needs some work.
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:
this is in the latest version, download it again...
i also just added alt-drag to set the cursor to the mouse position. still needs some work.
Yes remove controller works :tu:!

The ALT-drag could also be ALT-click to jump to position I guess :shrug:
Last edited by Optomadic on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
stay juicy!

alt-drag is not a good solution for me.
i use a touchscreen live and
1- i wouldn't like to press alt on stage
better if this mode could be seleted as option and saved with the project
(the backgroung color could be grey in this mode)

2- when i touch a dot, the touchscreen gives a mouseclick, so the dot is selected and moves (i want to trigger a scene , not move the dot)
better if in this mode the dots stay fixed and unselectable
(even the learn auto key func. could be disabled)

3- for the absolute perfection... if you click on the cursor it doesn't have to move exactly on the point of mouseclick but it has to move like in the default mode. that because in this case you want to smoothly move from actual position to another one

i'd like to have it as an option for normal left-click, but that looks like it could be a lot more work. i'll try again when i have more time... for now i've refined the alt-click/drag behavior a little bit.

wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:i'd like to have it as an option for normal left-click, but that looks like it could be a lot more work. i'll try again when i have more time... for now i've refined the alt-click/drag behavior a little bit.

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now it works perfectly.
i'd only like to have my left hand free (free from pressing alt)
you could make it toggle, so you press alt only one time to switch mode...

or you could simply invert the alt behaviour, so the "live-mode" is default and edit mode is active only with alt pressed

that would make sense... while performing, you would normally only want to move the cursor. it might make it less intuitive to figure out how to edit scenes, but i can try it.

so it would be something like this:

left-click/drag - move the cursor
alt-left-click/drag - trigger/move scenes, lasso select
ctrl-click - multi-select scenes
right-click - popup menu

also, the following are still there, but currently mess up the new cursor movement, as well as automation:
middle-drag - shift the background (change to right-drag?)
mouse wheel - zoom

if i can fix those, add a scene size control and make the controller pane hideable, i think i might be done with the modifications i wanted to make.
wrongtastic, baby

wheww trying to keep up with all the changes.. Thanks again piz :D
stay juicy!

insertpizhere wrote:
if i can fix those, add a scene size control and make the controller pane hideable, i think i might be done with the modifications i wanted to make.
another usefull feture could be the triggering of scenes via midi-notes

Return to “Effects”