3am - Ange Diabolisque (MIRABA contribution)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Somewhat different from what most would expect a 3am tune to be...

Ange Diabolisque

I told Drumity that, for some reason, Picasso always reminds my of old spaghetti westerns and music by Ennio Moricone. I know that this doesn't really sound like it's inspired by any of the above but welcome to my train of thought.

Just guitar, drums, and Minimonsta on bass.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your first spaghetti-inspired guitar song posting!

Quite excellent! Kind of reminds me of the similarly-inspired Zorn version of the Ballad of McCain, which is a very good thing to be reminiscent of!

Are you implying that you played the drums live?

Nice to hear what your hands would do instead of your knobs 8)

richly weird

Hey Justin !

Very cool as mentioned (I had a sneak preview before you guys) and the adds really enriches the tune .. it sounds even more like "Once upon a time in the west" ;-)
Glad you choosen "Ange Diabolisque" and did put some Spaghetti-Western-DeepInDessert-Scary-SpielMirDasLiedVomTod-Music on it ! :D

My standard flowery phrase:
If you are inspired by another one .. go for it :)

Tbanks again
Drumity

Never did I think I would be mentioned in relation to Zorn... such an honor. :)

The drums were played live at one point, yes. Just not by me :D I added the dirty splash/ride and an 808 kick to the existing performance via my EMU XL-7. I'd like to add that all the synth sounding parts are geetar running though a DSI Evolver and various other effects.

Thanks jan :)

Ptoooosh! Gotta spit the dust outta my mouth... I just love the mood of this Justin, the sounds are wonderfully mixed and the track is highly original. Guitar thru Evolver, damn I'm intrigued by that possibility, and jealous as all get out!
Image Image

Very tasty, got great atmosphere. The "clean" guitar sound is sweet. :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

lovely track, Justin !!

My boots are dusty. A menacing sound track for a neo-western sci fi movie.
Really lovely work.

I like weird I love what this conjures.

I gather Miraba is the new collective a La Karte?
(I know I should investigate before asking dumm questions)

I'll probably understand it in a few minutes

mystahr wrote:I gather Miraba is the new collective a La Karte?
(I know I should investigate before asking dumm questions)
Not A LA KART related but we do tend to stick together :hihi: Usually if one of us is involved with a project, we'll all get in on it.

I'm glad y'all enjoyed ya'selves. Now I've got to mosey on... pardna'

It has great atmo, but it's like you stepped out of a weird bar at 3 or 4 a.m. and have come down off, like, some DMT or something and you're in a really empty area in the southwest.

Really good audio/mix, the synthetics are really lively and rich, not harsh or thin.

rats! what? not over 4 minutes? wha???(...hits play again out of
frustration...)
this is great, Justin!...spaghetti yes, though my mind goes to the set of Repo Man
..."Oh... You don't wanna look in there."
classic stuff 8) and I agree- there is something about picasso that evokes that sort of feel come to think of it... and so your music is quite fitting for this painting!

blortblort wrote:this is great, Justin!...spaghetti yes, though my mind goes to the set of Repo Man
..."Oh... You don't wanna look in there."
I was thinking more "C'mon, Let's do some crimes..." :lol:
Repo Man is prolly my favorite movie of all time!

Jan, thats about as close to "the blues" as I get... (I hope that makes sense in the context of the imagery you described :))

No, I get that. I'm in a desert area now, and, I'm there, you know. *Aridity*

Return to “Music Cafe”