ManyTone Upright Bass

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Demos of the upright bass sound fantastic. I'm dubious about something that costs $30. How much detail is there in the sampling of this? How many velocity layers do I get?

R.

I have no idea about the numbers, I'd have to check, but the thing sounds amazing. It's a total of 138 megabytes of samples unpacked.
You really can't go wrong with it. It also contains slides and all other sorts of upright effects.

As with all samplebased instruments, if you want it to sound really realistic you'll have to put some effort in the programming, but it can be done with upright bass.

And as you point out, it's extremely cheap, you really can't go wrong with it.

Yeah, you're right... just ordered.

R.

I can't believe I haven't ordered this one yet as it's really good to have an upright lying around.

The next time I feel I need an upright in my music, I'll purchase this right away. :)

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

I use it frequently.

Its got about two octaves worth of body thumps, string noise, slides (up, down and both ways) harmonics and other stuff that can be worked in to add some nice realism.

In regards to acoustic instruments: upright bass, trumpet and sax, I almost always have a real player come in and replace what I demo, but it's nice to have something that sounds good enough to make me smile, without breaking the bank. On the other hand, I've had poor luck with inexpensive trumpet and sax simulations.

If you like upright, this is a very viable option.

Return to “Manytone Music”