Strange tuning issue (Solved - was controller data)

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

no matter what sound I use in manybass when i'm looping a phrase some notes start going out of tune. If I hold one long enuf it portamentos up slowly until it's in tune

I haven't been able to figure out why this happens or how to fix it. It seems random

??

Sounds strange. Is perhaps your mod wheel on a little bit? Or perhaps some other controller data is being sent? The soundsets in ManyBass are pretty spot on for tuning so there has to be something else causing it, I would think anyways at this point.

Can you send me an mp3 file of what you are experiencing?

First be sure though that you test the sounds with a default setting on ManyBass so that no LFO's etc are altering it. Sure sounds like what an lfo and modwheel could do. Some presets could have this to add some vibrato but it should only be when you use the mod wheel.

Try the soundsets with everything off (FX, LFO etc) and tell me if you still get it.
Paul

manytone wrote:Sounds strange. Is perhaps your mod wheel on a little bit? Or perhaps some other controller data is being sent?
ha! I turned off my keyboard and it stopped. mod wheel was steady. Dunno how controller data could be transmitting.

I have no idea how my micron can be causing this. I guess i'll just use another kybd.

thx for the quick response!

ahhhh
Great to hear that you found the cause! I'll change the thread title to reflect the issue.

Not sure though either why your Keyboard would do that.

Return to “Manytone Music”