Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
TiUser
KVRAF
 
2310 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Germany

Postby TiUser; Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:58 am V-Machine

Hi Folks,
at messe 08 SM Pro Audio introduced v-machines.

The v-box has been redesigned (got an input now too) and renamed into v-machine.

It's supposed to be a realtime vst host for players.

I am much interested in that because it promises to make vsti's usable like an oldfashinoed midi sound module.

I would be interested in what you think of it, if you are interested or not and why and what you might expect from what is known 'til now.
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...
floris
KVRer
 
1 post since 13 Jun, 2004

Postby floris; Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:06 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php?opt ... view&id=74 (http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74)
Great that it has a stereo audio input!

I think it can be great to use on stage for modulating and delay types of FXs for guitar when a laptop is a bit to flimsy/unstable. Put NI-Reaktor into it and some crazy modulating FXs patches and jam away...

It becomes available here in Europe at the end of October 2008, price is 499 euros = $730.
TiUser
KVRAF
 
2310 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Germany

Postby TiUser; Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:02 am

Hi.

Just have seen that thomann (europe) has got V-Machines in stock now.

Anyone got already one and can share experiences??

:band2:
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29655 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:07 am

floris wrote:http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74
Great that it has a stereo audio input!

I think it can be great to use on stage for modulating and delay types of FXs for guitar when a laptop is a bit to flimsy/unstable. Put NI-Reaktor into it and some crazy modulating FXs patches and jam away...

It becomes available here in Europe at the end of October 2008, price is 499 euros = $730.


Is it powerful enough for Reaktor? Isn't it just 1ghz CPU or something? Reaktor would just about run on that but not at it's best.
TiUser
KVRAF
 
2310 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Germany

Postby TiUser; Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:14 am

Hi.

I am hesitating and waiting for more info on that too... like you seem to.

I know what I can run on my old P4@3.2 hyperthreading notebook... up to 4 heavyloading vsti at max... (and there is not much load from anything else then, maybe 5% from win and audio interface) and only with a clever efficient host...

No clue about the core cpu's used in v-machine and their dedicated OS.
:box:
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...
schoko
KVRist
 
55 posts since 14 Nov, 2008

Postby schoko; Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:47 am

TiUser wrote:Hi.

Just have seen that thomann (europe) has got V-Machines in stock now.

Anyone got already one and can share experiences??

:band2:


yes, I ordered one today and it's on the way....

But, at the moment, VFX-Utility software is NOT included an not downloadable! This means, that it is not possible to load a single own VST into the machine!

They told me that the downloadable version will be available the 21nd of nov....let's see... :roll:
TiUser
KVRAF
 
2310 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Germany

Postby TiUser; Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:18 pm

schoko wrote:... But, at the moment, VFX-Utility software is NOT included an not downloadable! This means, that it is not possible to load a single own VST into the machine!
They told me that the downloadable version will be available the 21nd of nov....let's see... :roll:

Pffft... pretty brave you are... :o
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...
schoko
KVRist
 
55 posts since 14 Nov, 2008

Postby schoko; Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:23 pm

TiUser wrote:Pffft... pretty brave you are... :o


:D hope the best....otherwise they get it back... :tantrum:
ZioKiller
KVRian
 
1289 posts since 17 Aug, 2003, from Italy

Postby ZioKiller; Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:18 pm

schoko wrote:yes, I ordered one today and it's on the way....

But, at the moment, VFX-Utility software is NOT included an not downloadable! This means, that it is not possible to load a single own VST into the machine!

They told me that the downloadable version will be available the 21nd of nov....let's see... :roll:


I've ordered one last week... should be here in a few days...
So, I hope not to be wasting my money. I sent them 4 emails and never got a reply.
sockofgold
KVRAF
 
2251 posts since 5 Aug, 2007

Postby sockofgold; Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm just curious, guys:

Why are you ordering these if you can't even use them yet? For basically half the price of a Receptor, you get a unit that will play one VST/i, when you could use Receptor to use a whole bunch. Is the allure just that it's smaller?
ZioKiller
KVRian
 
1289 posts since 17 Aug, 2003, from Italy

Postby ZioKiller; Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:20 pm

> Why are you ordering these if you can't even use them yet?

Why can't we use them?... Once it's here, I can use it...

> For basically half the price of a Receptor,

Well... a bit more than a half... the cheaper receptor is 3 times expensive, while the full blown receptor is about 3000 euros...

> you get a unit that will play one VST/i,

afaik, it can play 4 instruments and 3 fx

> Is the allure just that it's smaller?

wow, only 1 kg, no pc, no monitor, no keyboard, you put it on the floor or under the bench and forget about it, just play your keyboards and use the midi controllers for switching sounds... if this is for real, is my dream come true :)
User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
 
10373 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:31 pm

We got one here at work, just this morning. It's not my turn to play with it 'cause I'm pretty low on the totem pole but I'll report once I've spent some time with it. :)
schoko
KVRist
 
55 posts since 14 Nov, 2008

Postby schoko; Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 pm

sockofgold wrote:I'm just curious, guys:

Why are you ordering these if you can't even use them yet? For basically half the price of a Receptor, you get a unit that will play one VST/i, when you could use Receptor to use a whole bunch. Is the allure just that it's smaller?


...no moving parts, no cooling fan or harddisk to worry about on tour, I need a device for my WX5-Windcontroller-Sounds (only 1-4 voices needed in each preset), and yes, of course I can combine several vst's an vsti's.

Now, the availability of the software is announced for the 21. of nov. on their website, too; so this would be o.k., of course.
smproaudio
KVRist
 
34 posts since 18 Nov, 2008

Postby smproaudio; Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:59 am

hi guys,

nice to see you here again :)

well the shipment should have gone out on the 21st and not now. but somebody did a mistake. so sorry for everybody who got a v-machine now. please be patient and wait a few days till the software is finalized!

@ziokiller: just like to correct that it is not true that you never get answers from us. but i mailed you: check you spam and you might find our mails ;)
smproaudio
KVRist
 
34 posts since 18 Nov, 2008

Postby smproaudio; Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 am

here is another one :)

you can play up to six vstis and 15 vst fx at the same time or 4 vstis and 17 vst fx at the same time!
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)