Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

internal weather report of the day, one take no editing/overdubbing (promise!):

http://rachmiel.org/music/improvisaatio ... -26-08.mp3

enjoy. :-)
Last edited by rachmiel on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bump while this big one downloads

Rick, your new toy sounds a great deal like my new toy! Only mine has a higher noise floor being that it's outboard. :hihi:

I wonder, are there any delays in Reaktor that have a static buffer size and use variable sample rate as the method for determining delay time. I have a delay which allows you to select between 7 static buffers that have fine and coarse control over their sample rate... this means that when you use extremely long delay times, the quality of the buffered audio is extremely reduced.

I believe that the basic delays in Reaktor simply work with a variable delay buffer which means that when you increase or decrease the delay time, the buffered audio does not change pitch or quality. The Grain delay has a control for pitch (which I assume controls sample rate) but the buffer size still determines the delay time. So, If I reduce the pitch of the audio in the buffer to a point that the sample duration is longer than the buffer the end gets cut off. I've been trying to scale the pitch to the buffer size to control them together but my results haven't matched the sound I'm looking for.

Anyway, enough nerdy-ness :). I really liked this, recently I've been creating complex patches that just carry on infinitely generating chaotic noises. I really enjoy the little surprises that I hear when I have no reference to predict what is going to come next. I mean you can tell that whole is based on common components but the dynamic (as opposed to static, not compression) effect of interacting contraptions is just insurmountable for my brain to predict what will happen next. :D

Thanks

holy cow.

:o

Wunderbar klänge! I love the intimate little clicky-poppy sounds and faux mic wind noise that surface now and again. The main body of sounds is just loaded with raw beauty... you're on a roll!
Image Image

This one comes out of the blue and it's beyond my expectations
Surrealistic weather rendering
8)

Cheers

sounds are a bit harsh but i do like it in the back
its some sort of digital conversation

This is amazing! So much microscopic movement. The twitchy dynamic changes are exactly the kind of thing I'm into. Love that animal-like opening gesture and the pitched sounds that fight their way to the surface toward the end. The only thing I'd have done differently is laid off the delay in the busier sections. I love how the delay almost acts as a 'grain replicator' in the sparser sections though.

I've been hacking these sounds up in CDP for days now. Thank you!

Return to “Music Cafe”