RM V slicer question

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just realized that the Live drum slicer does not allow resolutions past a certain point. Other slicers, like RM V let you set start and end points wherever you like, even to fine fractions of a bar.

My question is: will RM V write the midi notes (one per slice) to the midi track (accurately) on the host? Or does it only do the slicing, leaving the note entry to the user, thereby allowing for error, and more work than otherwise.

Cheers,

e.

Not sure if I get the question :-D When you slice a loop in RMV, and/or edit the slice start/end, then drag the MIDI to the host you should get the EXACT slicepoints being refelcted in Note poistions in the hosts editor. You just should avoid to quantize tehm ;-)

Thanks, Peter, you have answered my question.

I wasn't sure that the slicer created MIDI notes at all, I thought maybe it only created slice points in the RMV interface, rather than putting MIDI notes in the host.

I think I'm sold!

e.

If i understand you right, he means that...

You load a Loop into Rm5, Rm5 is slicing the loop and is creating a midi file in the background.. You changed the start and end point of the loop and now you want to know, if RM5 is no creating a new midi loop you can export into the sequencer witht the correct end/start points... As far as i remember, yes... But it's really some time ago as i tested this, i have to test again...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Thanks again - I just wanted to know whether RM V creates a MIDI file - it does, that brings joy to my heart.

e.

Return to “LinPlug”