ManyTone News October - Birthday sale, George Duke and more

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys
I just sent out a newsletter to all customers and I am copying it here for those that did not receive it (Could have gone to your spam box and our database is not 100% up to date, so apologies if you did not receive this).

Some very cool news for you all to check out. In particular the new Artist quote from George Duke.
Enjoy the read and check out George's site.
Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ManyTone Customers

Time for some news from us about what's happening here @ Manytone.

Birthday/Halloween Sale
It's my birthday (Oct.14th.) and I turned 44. Halloween is also coming up.
In honor of these events, we are having a 44% off everything sale for 2 weeks! (Ends October 31st 2008 Halloween)
Sale Extended until November 10th 2008

This is a chance to pick up the ManyTone Instruments and samples that you are missing for some of the best prices we have ever offered. Info and purchase links are on the homepage of the website.
www.manytone.com

It's not often we have a sale of this magnitude but we decided it was time to offer some great deals, and hopefully, we gain a few new customers in the process.

Speaking of new customers....
We just discovered that Keyboard legend George Duke is a ManyTone Customer. George has played and toured with Frank Zappa and worked with many other legendary musicians. He also managed to achieve a huge solo career. Among other projects, he is currently playing with Stanley Clarke and producing songs and albums, for some of the music industries top artists. George owns ManyBass and ManyGuitar, as well as all the Bass add on sets.

George just gave us an Artist quote for the ManyTone website, which you can read on the Reviews page here:
http://www.manytone.com/reviews.php
I encourage you all to have a look and check out George's site, which you can link to from there. George has an extensive history which is detailed and documented on his website and is well worth a read.

Other News
We are about to release a maintenance update to ManyGuitar for PC and Mac. These updates just fix an issue that could occur if you move the sample library. (maintenance update only, no new features)

An Update to ManyBass for Mac is also coming in the next weeks. (maintenance update only, no new features)

You will receive an email with the update info if you are a ManyGuitar or ManyBass Customer.

We are also working on updating the ManyStation engine to the current Wusik version 5 engine.
This adds disk streaming and SFZ support to the ManyStation VSTi. More details will be available about this soon.

Thanks once again for being a ManyTone customer, we truly appreciate it, and hope that you are enjoying your Instruments.

Paul Brown
ManyTone Music
Last edited by manytone on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A belated HBday to you. George Duke, hm? One of my rockin' teenage idols for sure. Nice.

Happy birthday to you! I hope you have a great year!
The birthday deals sound very nice. Are there special prices for the crossgrades, too? It looks like the crossgrade from Manyguitar or Wusikstation (which I own both) to Manystation is cheaper than the "birthday price".

weltgeist wrote:Happy birthday to you! I hope you have a great year!
The birthday deals sound very nice. Are there special prices for the crossgrades, too? It looks like the crossgrade from Manyguitar or Wusikstation (which I own both) to Manystation is cheaper than the "birthday price".
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys.

The crossgrade to ManyStation from WusikStation or ManyGuitar is cheaper and on sale also at the moment for $49.95. As it was already discounted we can't do much better than that. (Full version is on sale for $55.99 right now so this crossgrade saves you a few extra dollars).

I'm sure you'll find, as almost all users do, that the extra samples and presets are a great addition to WusikStation.

Some crazy prices on everything....for those interested, check the homepage of the ManyTone site for the best deals and purchase links.

Paul

Meffy wrote:A belated HBday to you. George Duke, hm? One of my rockin' teenage idols for sure. Nice.
Thanks Meffy
I was pretty honored when I realized that George was a customer. In fact "very honered". George has a pretty extensive music history and I enjoyed reading all he has done. It was fantastic to learn he uses our instruments in some of his work.

Cheers
Paul

Congratulations on your Birthday and the George Duke comments. I remember seeing a mention of ManyBass in last month's Mix Magazine. Your fame is spreading!

Reverend Rhythm wrote:Congratulations on your Birthday and the George Duke comments. I remember seeing a mention of ManyBass in last month's Mix Magazine. Your fame is spreading!
Thanks Rev
Do you know what issue that was and where and how we were mentioned. I had heard a few months ago that we were mentioned in an interview with a composer, but I could not find the mag here at the time. Is that what you are referring to?

11 days left for the crazy sale prices.
The prices are listed in this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230285

Paul

It was a profile of Colin O'Malley. It is in the next to last paragraph.

"For basses I use a cheap plug-in from Manytone Music called Manybass. It has a warmth and dirtiness I love."

I don't agree with the "cheap" discription, but a mention is a mention.

http://mixonline.com/post/features/sfp- ... index.html

44? I thought you were an old hippy?
Turns out you're just a middle-aged one! :hihi:
Happy Birthday Paul!
congrats on the George Duke connection, too!

No way!!! That is so cool! I love George Duke's music.. he is definitely one of the best key-bassists around (playing convincing basslines ans solos on a keyboard).

Happy Birthday, too!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

super late happy birthday! and a question.

I'm interested in the Ultimate Bass Kit and see that your other 3 bass libs have Kontakt presets. Are there any plans to make Kontakt presets for UBK?
If not, can the 24bit wav files be extracted from the wusikSND file to be used in other samplers like K2 (physically possible and\or within license rights).
I do have wusik 4 but would prefer to use K2.

Thanks!

Chester Desmond wrote: can the 24bit wav files be extracted from the wusikSND file to be used in other samplers like K2 (physically possible and\or within license rights).
Manymapper can extract the 24-bit WAV files. It does so when you import a wusikSND file.

Ahhh.... but the UBK is the only soundset from us that was originally done in 16 bit and not 24 bit as our newer samples are.

I am not sure yet if we'll have a Kontakt version of UBK ... I'll discuss this with Greg.

Also, a big thanks again for the Birthday wishes.

Paul

ah ok, that's cool.. I was more focused on the extraction than the bitrate anyway. Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to learn Kontakt much better anyway so may just roll my own.

I hit paypal and then saw the currency conversion. Yech. That period when we were at par with US was sooo nice for online spending....
I'm going to give it a week and see if the exchange rate improves a bit.

Regards
Todd

Chester Desmond wrote:ah ok, that's cool.. I was more focused on the extraction than the bitrate anyway. Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to learn Kontakt much better anyway so may just roll my own.

I hit paypal and then saw the currency conversion. Yech. That period when we were at par with US was sooo nice for online spending....
I'm going to give it a week and see if the exchange rate improves a bit.

Regards
Todd
Hi Todd
Manymapper will extract the 16 bit wav files also (In case I confused anyone in the last posts).

Not much we can do about the currency conversion other than put everything on sale like we did ;-)

I think the sale prices should more than make up for the currency differences.

The sale is still on for the rest of next week.

Big Thanks to all the folks who have purchased from us during this sale!
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”