3am - Oceanside (drugs and bass)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been a minute since I posted a track...

Oceanside

Audio stems if you'd like to remix. 264MB 32bit/48k 96BPM

I'm still incredibly busy with work. I've also been hired to mix a label release!!! Check out Octavius here...
http://www.octaviusnet.com/

I'll be back later tonight to comment on other people's stuff, in the meantime... enjoy!
Last edited by justin3am on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool stuff, J. Cold, yet still emotional piano lines. String are a nice touch and, as always, the drums are superior. The break is absolutely wild.
I will check out the Octavius tracks next. Congratulations! Your recognition is way overdue.

p.s. was that you and your wife's voice?

Nice track! Very unsettling :) The intro reminded me of the film Betty Blue and the ocean for some reason.

Congratulations on the remix work too!

Peace,
Andy.

That's just wild Justin - one of my faves for sure! Crazy beat work, bass. Assume that's you and the missus on the break - great stretch! I know that piano well. :wink:

Congrats on the mix job too! :D
Image Image

When it went "O shit" "What happened?" I really wanted to know what happened.

Edge of my seat.

I wish I knew where I put my A La Kart files. Waaayeah. Might have to buy again. One little problem with the track, it is missing a a jitter glitch of 101 coast highway bus sample that I uploaded a while back. 101 runs from oceanside to UTC. Other than that I really like it.

The sample is in fact Mr. and Mrs. 3am from a typical evening at home. My ADAT I/O lost sync with my audio interface in the middle of a tracking session. I said "O shit..." Wife asks "Wha' happend?" thinking something bad happened and I reply "I lost clock sync", then I say "Hold on" from under the desk. She then called me an asshole for scaring her but I omitted that part. :hihi:

Thanks for listening guys.

To clarify, I'm actually mixing Octavious' next album release, not remix. :) Though I may do a remix or two as well, when I'm done.

G_J, I remember that recording and I've taken that bus ride down PCH from Long Beach to Oceanside. A memory of bumming around there is what inspired this track.

Audio stems if you'd like to remix. 264MB 32bit/48k

96BPM... or 192. It was originally done at 24BPM so any multiple of 24 should work. Somebody should try remixing it at 128BPM 3/4 time... that should work too. :)

Imaginative broken sound. I listened before getting to some boring work - it didn't help.

Here you go, first remix/remodel.

I quickly whipped up a slow steady take on some of the material. Can't vouch for the mix, as I did everything on earbuds with limited facilities available (I only keep a minimal install of stuff at work, just enough to entertain me when I need a break).

SIGHUP - Oceanside (ADAT IO lost sync mix)

i like the sedulous effect of algorithmic sequencing. aah you made something with real instruments again :D
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Really nice.. fave thing in here for a little while.. :phones:

great entrance, mental percussion and very edgy and chaotic.

grand! :D

The end part (the kind of tidal/lift off sounds) are fab.

Zombie Queen wrote:Imaginative broken sound.
That pretty well sums up what I'm shooting for! Thanks.

shamann wrote:Here you go, first remix/remodel.

I quickly whipped up a slow steady take on some of the material. Can't vouch for the mix, as I did everything on earbuds with limited facilities available (I only keep a minimal install of stuff at work, just enough to entertain me when I need a break).

SIGHUP - Oceanside (ADAT IO lost sync mix)
Wow dude, I think that this embodies the feelings that inspired the track better than what I came up with. Hauntingly beautiful. From what little of your work I've ever heard, I'd really like to hear MOAR!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”