Upgrade of CronoX bundled Mac Tracktion 3 from 3.08 to 3.5

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've downloaded and run the upgrade to CronoX 3.5 but I don't see any new plugin available, I just get 3.08 again. I have run a complete re-scan from Tracktion settings.

This is Mac OS X 10.5.5 and Tracktion 3.0.4.8.

Many thanks for any help,
Brian

I could only think of 3.5 being installed at a different location than 3.0.8, could be this location is not scanned at all. Or ... when both are found Tracktion only picks the old one. I would search the harddrives for any CronoX*.dll and make sure that only CronoX35*.dll remain, and are in the search path for plugins of Trackion.

Many thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately there are no other CronoX files on the system. I've even tried renaming the existing cronox VST to _cronox and then it installs a second Cronox stereo version that is the new version. Unfortunately it can't find any presets. I'm going to try repairing file permissions next, let's see what that does. 8-)

Cheers,
Brian

Unfortunately repairing file permissions didn't change the situation so I started hacking around by examining the installation package contents. There actually is only a Cronox 3.5 Stereo version included in the package. I can get this to install but it can't find the presets.

Brian

Hi Brian,
there has been changes in 3.5 version which are described in installer ReadMe file.
Old version is not uninstalled to give some backwards compatibility which might have been broken by renaming the plugin to CronoX 3 Stereo.
The default preset search path is now /Library/Application Support/LinPlug/CronoX 3 Banks
You can set your own (original) path in CronoX 3 Settings Tab/Page.

I hope this give some more insight.

Best regards,
Pal

Return to “LinPlug”