Helix Marketing

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amid exchange of words regarding whether or not Helix has a substantial userbase, maybe it's time to set a mark on some shameless self plugging of Helix around different places

No, not the Melda-style sock-puppet plugging, but at least getting more people to be aware of Helix more? Computer Music Magazine already is a great way to show off to the world. (EDIT: Cited rating 9/10) Are there any other places of media or internet news good enough to spread the buzz?

The other synth forum I hang out on is KSS Forum on Harmony Central, and that forum is pretty hostile to marketing or product announcement type threads. The CM review should be good for business. Getting a review in EM would also be a good move if possible, though I don't know how easy it is to achieve that.

Helixs looks like a nice "tweaker's" synthesizer and the demos sound great. I think its release was at an unfortunate time as it was right around the same time as the release of a few other much-hyped synths and also at the same time as a large number of major holiday sales and group buys. I would say don't get discouraged, be patient, and wait for those of us tapped out of cash to accumulate more and get bored with the stuff we just got. These are the reasons why I did not buy the synth yet (busy playing with other new stuff plus no more extra cash in the budget for a while).

You might want to wait a couple of months and then have a group buy plan. That would probably generate more enthusiasm here. Don't forget that income tax returns in the US start rolling in February and really get going after April 15.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:
You might want to wait a couple of months and then have a group buy plan. That would probably generate more enthusiasm here.
This is what I was going to suggest. Group buys really do work. You get a lot of people buying that otherwise wouldn't even consider it. I know I would be first in line.

I would go for it too.
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I would go for it too.
+1

It's worth noting that a lot of early adoptors of other VSTs are often miffed when they find out some time later that the developer sets up a group buy. I've just happily payed for Sylenth off the ack of their very well subscribed group buy, and I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Not because I didn't rate it, but I couldn't pass that offer up.

I think a Helix GB would be very successful...

Well the 750 GB hard drives that I bought for 129.99 USD each in September are 79.99 now. That's the way it goes in the world of technology. I have been an early adopter of plenty of synths that had group buys later and chalked it up to the price you pay for being an early adopter. So it goes.
Gribs

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&start=0

That's what Audjoo should be doing...

What's 1,500 x $125?

$187,500.

Result: CamelAudio make a ton of money in one month, for hardly any labour, and thousands of people are extremely happy and have Alchemy.

But think of the support costs!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps the fact that this section of the forum still only has a tiny number of threads should pretty much be evidence enough to back up my point. How long has Helix been out now?

Is CamelAudio undervaluing Alchemy by bringing the price down to $125 for the group buy? I don't think they care about stupid ideas like that - they will earn well over $187,500 for one month's work.

A group buy is a good idea, but your way of pushing the idea isn't.

Go buy Alchemy if you love the price so much. :roll:

sonkeysankey wrote:http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&start=0

Dude, who made it your job to be the price police? If you want the synth so bad, go buy it. If not, stop pushiong your ridiculous views of how Jonas should run his own company. I just can't figure out why you care so much about this, and so many other plug-ins' commercial viability..

MaliceX wrote:A group buy is a good idea, but your way of pushing the idea isn't.

Go buy Alchemy if you love the price so much. :roll:
I've just bought Alchemy, solely because of the price.

Do you have anything factual to add to the discussion? Like - why Helix should stay in obscurity forever because the developer doesn't want to 'undervalue' it?

Did you actually read my post properly? I explained WHY Audjoo should do a group buy, or better still, permanently bring the price of Helix down. A group buy is a great idea because it brings in a ton of money for virtually ZERO effort - it's not as if Jonas has to program a completely new synth, is it? He just announces a group buy at half price, a thousand people buy it before the group buy ends, and he gets $75,000 for one month's work.
But how stupid of me - apparently that is a bad idea, and 'undervaluing' the product.

Why did CamelAudio launch a group buy for Alchemy? Because of market forces - which they explain on the group buy thread.

So - would you recommend somebody with $149 buy Helix, or Alchemy, at the moment?
Last edited by sonkeysankey on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rlahalla wrote:
sonkeysankey wrote:http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&start=0

Dude, who made it your job to be the price police? If you want the synth so bad, go buy it. If not, stop pushiong your ridiculous views of how Jonas should run his own company. I just can't figure out why you care so much about this, and so many other plug-ins' commercial viability..
The usual factless response.
I explained the economics of a group buy, which clearly shows the advantages for Jonas. How are my views "ridiculous" when CamelAudio have just sold over 1,500 copies of Alchemy at $125 in less than two weeks?
Do you understand basic economics?

What do you mean "why you care so much about this" - a couple of posts which took me two minutes to write, and that's "car[ing] so much"?

In other words - you are saying 'shut up' and that is supposed to make you right.

Helix is overpriced in the current market. Hence it is stuck in obscurity, and far fewer people own it than could do, if the price were brought down, or if Jonas did a group buy.

Are the 1,500 people who have suddenly bought Alchemy in the group buy all wrong? Are they all not influenced by the price? Obviously the sole reason that most of them decided to buy it in the past two weeks is because it's half price! And it isn't going to be that price for much longer. That's called MARKETING.

Helix's price is no skin off my nose - now that I'm getting Alchemy for $125, plus ALL the following for free, who cares about Helix? No doubt even fewer people than before:

75 : Free Alchemy Sounds: Choirs, Basses & Keys - 700MB samples + 30 presets
400 : Free Alchemy Sounds: Viral Infection - Nuceleus Soundlabs - 1GB samples + 30 presets
800 : Free Alchemy Sounds: Extra 90 presets
1500 : Free Alchemy Tutorial Videos: 40 Mins Of New, High Quality Tutorials <- Current Level
2500 : 50% Off Soundbank Coupon - applicable to upcoming soundbanks

That's called 'adding value' to a product.

So, are any of you Helix owners going to recommend that anybody who doesn't own either Helix or Alchemy, pays $149 for Helix, rather than $125 for Alchemy, this week?

I won't wait for factual, logical responses, because I know you have none.

And I can beat that last bargain: AAS Ultra Analog only $15 from Audiomidi:

http://www.audiomidi.com/Ultra-Analog-V ... 12692.aspx

sonkeysankey wrote:And I can beat that last bargain: AAS Ultra Analog only $15 from Audiomidi:

http://www.audiomidi.com/Ultra-Analog-V ... 12692.aspx
92% off.....I take that.

cis-didge

Return to “Audjoo”