Helix Marketing

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sonkeysankey wrote:I explained the economics of a group buy, which clearly shows the advantages for Jonas. How are my views "ridiculous" when CamelAudio have just sold over 1,500 copies of Alchemy at $125 in less than two weeks?
Do you understand basic economics?
Who on earth told you Camel audio have sold 1500 copies of Alchemy? The group buy is up to bit over 3000 now, and each copy of alchemy itself is 3 points worth. 3 points x 1500 buyers would mean 4500 points. (?!?) If you factor in that a lot of people have bought CamelPhat and CamelSpace in addition to soundbanks, like myself, these are also 1 point worth each. So if we take 3000 points and divide on an average of 5 points each we get 600 persons.

Now who is the fool when it comes to economics here?

But wait, there is more:
sonkeysankey wrote:Helix's price is no skin off my nose - now that I'm getting Alchemy for $125, plus ALL the following for free, who cares about Helix? No doubt even fewer people than before
Now, this is plainly provoking and basically tells me that you are a fool in more than one sense. Helix is a brilliant synth in its own, and it cant really be compared directly to Alchemy in my opinion. I love Helix, even if just bought Alchemy in this group buy. In fact I have barely just downloaded alchemy, and still I was sitting there, tweaking a Helix sound just before coming in here. Helix has gained some reputation in serious circles because of its great synthesizis. In my world people CAN love two synths at once, but maybe this is different in yours?

Chris Ihao wrote:
sonkeysankey wrote:I explained the economics of a group buy, which clearly shows the advantages for Jonas. How are my views "ridiculous" when CamelAudio have just sold over 1,500 copies of Alchemy at $125 in less than two weeks?
Do you understand basic economics?
Who on earth told you Camel audio have sold 1500 copies of Alchemy? The group buy is up to bit over 3000 now, and each copy of alchemy itself is 3 points worth. 3 points x 1500 buyers would mean 4500 points. (?!?) If you factor in that a lot of people have bought CamelPhat and CamelSpace in addition to soundbanks, like myself, these are also 1 point worth each. So if we take 3000 points and divide on an average of 5 points each we get 600 persons.

Now who is the fool when it comes to economics here?
I've already explained and apologised for my mistake (crime of the century, apparently), earlier in this thread... It in no way negates the essence of what I have said...
Chris Ihao wrote: But wait, there is more:
sonkeysankey wrote:Helix's price is no skin off my nose - now that I'm getting Alchemy for $125, plus ALL the following for free, who cares about Helix? No doubt even fewer people than before
Now, this is plainly provoking and basically tells me that you are a fool in more than one sense.
Oh dear...
Chris Ihao wrote: Helix is a brilliant synth in its own, and it cant really be compared directly to Alchemy in my opinion. I love Helix, even if just bought Alchemy in this group buy. In fact I have barely just downloaded alchemy, and still I was sitting there, tweaking a Helix sound just before coming in here. Helix has gained some reputation in serious circles because of its great synthesizis. In my world people CAN love two synths at once, but maybe this is different in yours?
Yes, but lots of people can't AFFORD two synths at $125 and $149 at once... Did THAT ever occur to you?

I see that none of you could answer my simple question:
Which synth would you recommend somebody to buy this month if they had $149 to spend:
Alchemy OR Helix.

Just in case maths isn't your strong point, Chris, $125 + $149 is more than $149, and therefore they can't buy both...

Like I said - too many people get like cult members when defending 'their' synths (I'm talking about customers, not developers!), and it's pathetic. There are no rational arguments being made against anything I've said, just 'synth worship' of the most base level...

Chris Ihao wrote: Who on earth told you Camel audio have sold 1500 copies of Alchemy? The group buy is up to bit over 3000 now, and each copy of alchemy itself is 3 points worth. 3 points x 1500 buyers would mean 4500 points. (?!?) If you factor in that a lot of people have bought CamelPhat and CamelSpace in addition to soundbanks, like myself, these are also 1 point worth each. So if we take 3000 points and divide on an average of 5 points each we get 600 persons.
ps When the group buy hits 4,500 and more, and most of those points are for Alchemy, not for CamelPhat or CamelSpace, will that satisfy you? Of course not...

Helix will stay in obscurity forever. In what way is it better than Alchemy? Why would anybody buy Helix this month, rather than Alchemy?

standalone wrote: No sonkeysankey, you attack blindly for the mere pleasure of proving you are right and the rest are wrong. You don't have a single idea to offer, just confusing arguments that you change more than your underwear.
I don't have a single idea to offer? Perhaps you have been reading a different thread. Let me see...
I provided simple reasons why a group buy would be advantageous to both Helix's future, and to Jonas. I gave simple figures which show why that is so. So far, none of you 'Helix worshippers' have negated anything I've written about that. It's just "Jonas says so, so it must be right". The market says otherwise. The pathetic lack of threads on this forum after what - one and a half years? Says it all.
standalone wrote: You attack everything from Spectrasonics to death and workship Sampletank like if it was the Holly Grial. You began crushing Spectrasonics for charging a transfer fee in their products' resellings... but IK Multimedia does the same thing and it's OK for you!!!.
When did I say IK's transfer fee was okay? I just don't happen to have come across a thread discussing it - I think it's outrageous too, the same as Spectrasonic's fees are. It doesn't mean that Sampletank isn't a much better synth FOR ME than Bloatisphere is.
Happy now?
standalone wrote: In one thread you say how happy you are with the tons of gigabytes you got with Wusikstation, and in another you assert Spectrasonics is fooling their costumers filling discs with gigabytes of samples to make their products look better.....you-just-don't-care.
But Wusikstation's gigabytes of presets weren't produced all at one time, and don't involve 180MB pad patches... or 180MB ANY patches for that matter. (Unless I missed them). Wusikstation has lots of NORMAL sounds in it, not useless 'impressive' soundscapes which are of no use to anybody apart from film soundtrack producers...
standalone wrote:
Essentially, what you appear to be saying is - don't question or think for yourself.
Seriously? Where did you get that idea?
standalone wrote: That's why you are so disrespectful, manipulation is your only way to comunicate with other people.
Pathetic. How have I been disrespectful? By suggesting a great way for Jonas to make a ton of money for one month's work? Well excuse me!

Where is the "manipulation"? What are you talking about?

Read CamelAudio's reasons for having a group buy... Go on - read them... exactly what I was saying the LAST time I discussed Helix's high price...

If anything, the economy has got worse... Like I said - it's no skin off my nose - I've bought Alchemy in the group buy, how can Helix beat that, for an extra $25 to boot.

sonkeysankey wrote:Helix will stay in obscurity forever. In what way is it better than Alchemy? Why would anybody buy Helix this month, rather than Alchemy?
Helix is a very smooth synth mate. Smooth as in, "it sounds smooth."

sonkeysankey wrote:Yes, but lots of people can't AFFORD two synths at $125 and $149 at once... Did THAT ever occur to you?
Ehh. Who the frack said you had to buy them at once? Now, in the "old days" we had the choice between synths costing typically $2000 and $3000. THAT was a choice of consequence. Did it occur to you that SOME may find Helix worth the 149 bucks? Seriously, I've paid almost twenty times this price many years ago for a wavetable synth with lousy sounds and unresponsive keys. Thats what we had to chose from, and we had to make our priorities right. I didnt have much money at all, but I was fortunate to be able to round up some money at some points of my youth.

Just because YOU want Helix cheap, you cant seriously expect Jonas to fall on his knees and bow down to your infinite wisdom. Christ...

If he decide to do this at some point, fine... If he doesnt its his choice.

And like someone else here said, it isnt because you are asking for a group buy that you get these reactions, its the way you choose to do it. No wait, demand is a more correct word.
sonkeysankey wrote:Like I said - it's no skin off my nose - I've bought Alchemy in the group buy, how can Helix beat that, for an extra $25 to boot.
You STILL havent realized the fact that these two excellent synths are different in terms of synthesizing. You merely talk about megabytes and fancy "deals". I think you are way over your head on this one. End of discussion.
Last edited by Chris Ihao on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why would anybody want to get Alchemy when you can get over 8 Ultra Analogs for same money? :D

sonkeysankey wrote:And I can beat that last bargain: AAS Ultra Analog only $15 from Audiomidi:

http://www.audiomidi.com/Ultra-Analog-V ... 12692.aspx
And I can beat that!

scnnr wrote:Why would anybody want to get Alchemy when you can get over 8 Ultra Analogs for same money? :D
That's a dumb thing to say - simply duplicate the instrument track 16 times for free.......assuming your using Cubase 5 or FL Studio....

keyworker wrote:
scnnr wrote:Why would anybody want to get Alchemy when you can get over 8 Ultra Analogs for same money? :D
That's a dumb thing to say - simply duplicate the instrument track 16 times for free.......assuming your using Cubase 5 or FL Studio....
erm...... that's why i put that smiley face at the end..... merely reflecting on the value of comparing different plugs based purely on whether they're part of GB or not......

sonkeysankey wrote:Blah,blah,blah,blah.................

..................blah,blah,blah,blah.

If you ladies want, I can hold your handbags while you sort this out outside :lol:
Eternitysound VST Banks

This has to be one of the strangest threads I've ever read. :nutter:

sonkeysankey wrote:
Chris Ihao wrote: Who on earth told you Camel audio have sold 1500 copies of Alchemy? The group buy is up to bit over 3000 now, and each copy of alchemy itself is 3 points worth. 3 points x 1500 buyers would mean 4500 points. (?!?) If you factor in that a lot of people have bought CamelPhat and CamelSpace in addition to soundbanks, like myself, these are also 1 point worth each. So if we take 3000 points and divide on an average of 5 points each we get 600 persons.
ps When the group buy hits 4,500 and more, and most of those points are for Alchemy, not for CamelPhat or CamelSpace, will that satisfy you? Of course not...

Helix will stay in obscurity forever. In what way is it better than Alchemy? Why would anybody buy Helix this month, rather than Alchemy?
I will sleep peacefully, knowing that you have defined obscurity forever, wars will cease, and famine will be no more... :nutter: :roll:

standalone wrote:
sonkeysankey wrote:Blah,blah,blah,blah.................

..................blah,blah,blah,blah.
:lol:

Couldn't agree more. Time to stop feeding the troll? :help:

Actually, sonkeysankey is the strangest fanboy I've ever seen. He really really likes Helix and wants "what is best for it".. oh wait, no he doesn't.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Audjoo”