What are you looking for at NAMM 09?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With NAMM coming up here next week, I am excited to see whats coming down the pipes. Considering the economy, I wonder how attendance will be. Company swag may not be as fruitful as in the past.. :( .. im a swag hoe! lol

Me personally, I will be swinging by the Digi booth to talk to those guys about PT8. Other booths of interest for me is the Spectrasonics guys, IK Multimedia, and NI. There are some teasers on the IK M and NI pages, seems some new goodies will be released. O ya.. :)

What are you guys looking for @ NAMM??

cbj
why is it like this, why the f* do i care..i dont have the answers, at least the ones you want to hear

cbj

I'd love to see a working demo of the FXpansion VA synth bundle (especially Cypher).

Other than that, I'm hoping for some products that surprise me.

And other than that, I'm mostly hoping to see some industry friends and possibly to meet some folks whom I currently know only through forums like KVR.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

PaulSC wrote:And other than that, I'm mostly hoping to see some industry friends and possibly to meet some folks whom I currently know only through forums like KVR.
+1

My must stops include Ableton, Cakewalk, NI ( :shock: :lol: ), Synthax (the US distributor of AXON and RME), and IK (if only to give Squids grief :lol: ). Oh- and chasing down Urs on the one day he's going to be there...

ew
A spectral heretic...

Well, I'm not going to the show, but I'm hoping someone releases something that is both new and interesting. I'm not greedy, just one thing is all. More of the same, as in recent years, not so interesting. As in something that isn't "look, now the Moog Voyager has yellow lights." That, not so interesting.

I'd like to see:

- Tracktion IV - along with a really good explanation of what the hell happened to Tracktion III

- GMedia S.O.B.

- An inexpensive rackmount/desktop Little Phatty

- More affordable mics and preamps that set new records for cost/quality ratio

shamann wrote:Well, I'm not going to the show, but I'm hoping someone releases something that is both new and interesting. I'm not greedy, just one thing is all. More of the same, as in recent years, not so interesting. As in something that isn't "look, now the Moog Voyager has yellow lights." That, not so interesting.
But what if the yellow lights blink?
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Melodyne :love:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

PaulSC wrote:But what if the yellow lights blink?
Well, maybe, but those would have to be some pretty interesting lights.

a box that looks like lets say a fw610, but is pci-e with killer pre's and soft clipping/limiting for all imputs.

not gonna happen, but the title asks what I WANT to see.........

Lotuzia wrote:Melodyne :love:
Ah yes.. Melodyne. How could I forget?! Anyone know the latest on the new release of Direct Note?

On IKs website, there is a teaser page up that if you click on, you cn sign up for the latest news as it come out.

The NI site is promising 3 new big products.. very curious to what they are dropping!

Is there a KVR meet-n-greet thing going on out at NAMM??

cbj
why is it like this, why the f* do i care..i dont have the answers, at least the ones you want to hear

cbj

i'm hoping for a proper cubase 5 which isn't directed at the fast and cheap sample user.

Might be interesting to see if Access reveals anything new in the Virus line. Someone on the tranceaddicts forums just reported that today a Sweetwater sales person informed him that the TI Polar, keyboard, and desktop versions have been discontinued (Snow is still available). The TI's are no longer available on Sweetwater's website either.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Ooh, something I would like to see, Apogee Duet for Windows and a new Apogee Quartet (4 in, 4 out for under $1000, OSX and Windows).

Never happen, but dare to dream.

I want to see Big Knockers at NAMM or anywhere else for that matter.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

shamann wrote:Ooh, something I would like to see, Apogee Duet for Windows and a new Apogee Quartet (4 in, 4 out for under $1000, OSX and Windows).

Never happen, but dare to dream.
Damn, those are some good ideas. I hope those wishes come true someday.

Return to “Effects”