What is this NAMM you speak of?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Fidelity
KVRist
328 posts since 18 Sep, 2008

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Naw, I'm just kidding. Everyone knows about Namm. Anyways, how do you get in? Do you need some special pass or can you buy tickets? I live in the SF Bay Area and wouldn't mind dropping by there this weekend (despite an upcoming test on tuesday >_>), but I'm not entirely sure what it'll take.

Thanks!

koolkeys
KVRAF
16067 posts since 2 Dec, 2003 from Nashville, TN

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm

It's not open to the public. You either have to work for a company that is in the trade business(manufacturers, developers, retail stores, etc.), be a part of the media(that's how I got in), or be given a friend pass by one of the above types of companies. Most companies won't have something this late though because everything is registered. I don't know if you can register still, but you can ask a few companies if they have any extra unused passes. I don't know if that will work though at this stage.

Brent
My host is better than your host

kritikon
KVRAF
5080 posts since 24 May, 2002 from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Oooops! And there's me thinking that NAMM was some sort of gay musician gathering. With it being in the SF area, I assumed it stood for North American Muscle Musicians or something. I always pictured geeks in leather shorts and moustaches standing around gazing at keyboards etc. :hihi: :oops:

koolkeys
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm

kritikon wrote:Oooops! And there's me thinking that NAMM was some sort of gay musician gathering. With it being in the SF area, I assumed it stood for North American Muscle Musicians or something. I always pictured geeks in leather shorts and moustaches standing around gazing at keyboards etc. :hihi: :oops:
It's like 7 hours from San Francisco, so not really in the area. It's in Anaheim, or L.A. area basically.

Oh, and by the way, it was around 80 here today. Fantastic!

Brent

hibidy
KVRAF
42539 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 pm

koolkeys wrote:
kritikon wrote:Oooops! And there's me thinking that NAMM was some sort of gay musician gathering. With it being in the SF area, I assumed it stood for North American Muscle Musicians or something. I always pictured geeks in leather shorts and moustaches standing around gazing at keyboards etc. :hihi: :oops:
It's like 7 hours from San Francisco, so not really in the area. It's in Anaheim, or L.A. area basically.

Brent
na, ya gotta add another 3 hours to get from "l.a." to anie :hihi:

Did you fly into the OC or burbank?

koolkeys
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:56 pm

hibidy wrote:
koolkeys wrote:

Brent

We actually flew into LAX(yes, a mistake, and my personal stupidity).

It only took us 30 minutes to get to our hotel in Anaheim though at around 3pm or so.

Brent

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:05 pm

koolkeys wrote:
hibidy wrote:
koolkeys wrote:

Brent

We actually flew into LAX(yes, a mistake, and my personal stupidity).

It only took us 30 minutes to get to our hotel in Anaheim though at around 3pm or so.

Brent
I just had a little convulsion thinking of lax!! But then again, I'm guessing you went with SW and not jetblue :wink:

koolkeys
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:15 pm

We actually went with Frontiere Airlines, which I believe is the same company as JetBlue, but I don't know.

We were actually VERY pleased with the airlines. Very comfortable planes with a very nice staff on both flights. And they made good time and got us here early. I can't say that we have even a single complaint about them.

LAX wasn't actually bad at all either though. At least I didn't think so.

Brent

Chuck E. Jesus
R.I.P.
7301 posts since 23 May, 2006 from in between a cornfield and a river

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:15 pm

kritikon wrote:Oooops! And there's me thinking that NAMM was some sort of gay musician gathering...
no, you're thinking of Depeche Mode...

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:21 pm

koolkeys wrote:We actually went with Frontiere Airlines, which I believe is the same company as JetBlue, but I don't know.

We were actually VERY pleased with the airlines. Very comfortable planes with a very nice staff on both flights. And they made good time and got us here early. I can't say that we have even a single complaint about them.

LAX wasn't actually bad at all either though. At least I didn't think so.

Brent
man, I guess my days as a psychic are over :hihi:

BertKoor
KVRAF
11003 posts since 8 Mar, 2005 from Utrecht, Holland

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:21 am

What is this NAMM you speak of?
It's veteran-speak for VIETnamm :-P (lazy bastards, can't even bother to pronounce a two-syllable word completely)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!

wrench45us
KVRAF
2217 posts since 15 Jul, 2003

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:07 am

I agree with Bert
I'm thinking they should rename it
Just when I think I have a handle on the PostTraumaticStress from too many psychedelic-fueled campus protests and marches, Nam err NAMM comes around winter and summer

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”