an hour of noise...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 pm

This is what's going on in my head right now.

rectangle cake pan

It doesn't do much for the first twelve and a half minutes but once it does, you won't notice.

I just wish I could turn it off.

KVRAF
8072 posts since 12 Dec, 2003 from Canada

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:01 am

It's downloading...
Image Image

KVRAF
4799 posts since 14 Jun, 2004 from Denver, CO

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:24 am

Cool, brain soaking stuff.
I don't know why, but the title had me expecting something a little less dramatic. In the first 15-30 minutes, it almost sounds like a symphony of record players (that need to be turned over to side B but have been long forgotten about) and I'm listening to it all with burning Styrofoam in my brain. I occasionally hear moments of musicality that drift in and out like an AM tuner, but they are distant and unreachable to anything but the imagination. The last 15 minutes were the most interesting to me, but I managed to keep this playing for the full 60 this morning despite my brain's plea's for sanity.
So, let me in on how this was made?

KVRAF
8072 posts since 12 Dec, 2003 from Canada

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Ok, finally found the time to dedicate to an uninterrupted listen.

I actually really took to the early part of the track... :lol: by early I mean the first 47 minutes! That creaky, ratchety, organic, wind-swept, ship tossing on a stormy sea stuff was really easy to digest for me. Not that the later part was a huge departure, a few synthy bits, some combiness, a wonderful shuttle lift off, but the earlier stuff was just, I dunno, haunting in a soothing way, if that makes sense?
Image Image

KVRAF

Topic Starter

11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:15 pm

What is going on is actually tough to explain. I was playing with my modular and found that being distracted as I've been has made it tough to think about signal flow and I kept patching things where they didn't belong. The result was interesting enough so I ran it through the grain cloud delay I made in Reaktor and tweaked around for an hour. The odd moments of tonality you hear are from my voltage controlled BBD delay.

Thanks for the listen, I know it's tough to find the time for an entire hour of listening but I think it's pretty effective as background noise drawing your attention every now and then.

KVRAF
1931 posts since 30 Oct, 2003 from Frolicking in Dirac's Ocean

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Very enjoyable....like getting my cerebral cortex massaged by sand.

Return to “Music Cafe”