Bitwig (!/?)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

http://bitwig.com/

A new sequencer/host paradigm? Not enough details yet to really form an opinion.

Anyway, plenty of talented programmers have a hand in this, should be interesting to see it develop. I only hope Claes Johanson manages to keep Vember Audio going at the same time; would be a shame if development of Surge came to an end.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Post

Its definitely a sequencer of some kind.

quote from Claes concerning development of SURGE: "I'm currently working on a new product, a sequencer with my new team (bitwig), so it should be no big shock that there's not a paid-for "megaupdate" of surge in the works as I won't have that much time to work on it. However, it's still supported, bugfixes will be released when needed and there's a good chance for new features (some really cool oscillators/effects are the hottest candidates)."


check out their blog: http://bitwig.com/blog/
Do not lick the fablanky

Post

Some hints ! Some hints ! Some hints ! Some hints ! Some hints !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Post

a new approach on music making on a computer??? not interrested at all, got used to the timeline approach so deeply, i doubt i could ever be convinced in a better approach as there is already ... but one should never say never, so ... yeah ... ah, and, i hope it's not a cpu pig as the vember audio stuff is (as good as sc an surge sound), as then it's not really usable ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Post

Well, its not just him who is working on it. Its him and I think 3 other guys who used to also be Ableton developers.

I don't really agree that the CPU usage for surge is high. I mean, it has the potential to get VERY high just because of the scalable nature of the synth. But for most of my purposes it doesn't seem too bad. I usually end up using at least 4-5 instances of it(along with other synths) and it seems fine, on a 1.5 or 1.6 Ghz single core cpu.
Do not lick the fablanky

Post

Yeah, Surge is fine on CPU here too.

I can't decide if I should hold off before switching from logic to live to see if more info about this comes out first.

Post

Video-Interview with Volker Schumacher here (in German):

https://it-gipfelblog.hpi-web.de/tag/bitwig/


The chick interviewing him asks him somewhere in the middle of her interview if they intend to be a competitor to record-companies. :dog: :shock:

Bet she still got paid for the embarrasingly and scandalously poor job. :tantrum:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Post

Anyone heard anything more about this? Most I could find was this:
claes wrote:We're keeping the details of our product concept to ourselves to be safe until we're closer to a finished product but yes, it'll be cross-platform. It does includes "tone-generation", in fact the way it interacts with sequencing is pretty central to the concept. So you will not only have lots of sound-design tools & toys built in, you will also be able to control them in your compositions in a more natural way.
Over here. But that was a while ago.

Post

brok landers wrote:a new approach on music making on a computer??? not interrested at all, got used to the timeline approach so deeply, i doubt i could ever be convinced in a better approach as there is already ... but one should never say never, so ... yeah ... ah, and, i hope it's not a cpu pig as the vember audio stuff is (as good as sc an surge sound), as then it's not really usable ...
I do not think that is fair to Clas and Vember audio but since i have not played around with Surge that much i can not comment on it.

On the other hand the soundquality of samples played thru his freeware sampler Shortcircuit beats any other, ive compared it back in the days of 98 with what was available samplers/sampleplayers/loopers, signum1100, fruity loops, acid, vsampler, gigastudio and they sounded like shit compared to it when it come to sound quality of the played sample.

I was amazed by how much filtering going on within a simple sample player.

JT

Post

Looks COOL.....


Some people love to buy compressors, some people love to buy eq's, some people love to buy sample packs, thats why sound design is huge. I'm a sucker for a really cool host, thats definitely my soft spot, I've owned 4, or 5, or 6 of the things, I go through hosts like pot.

Can't wait to check this out!!!!!!!!!!

Post

Nothing has happened with that sequencer for years. (It's been the same web page since 2008 or maybe even earlier.) I doubt anything will ever be released. But if they do in fact get a product out, it's going to be interesting to see if they really can pull out something radical and useful.

Post

Xenakios wrote:Nothing has happened with that sequencer for years. (It's been the same web page since 2008 or maybe even earlier.) I doubt anything will ever be released.
:roll:

http://www.whois.net/whois/bitwig.com

Domain Information
===================
Domain.......: BITWIG.COM (DOM-267159)
Status.......: OK
Amended......: 2009-02-23 10:48:29
Created......: 2009-02-23 10:48:28
Expires......: 2010-02-23 10:48:28

Post

mrdr wrote:
Xenakios wrote:Nothing has happened with that sequencer for years. (It's been the same web page since 2008 or maybe even earlier.) I doubt anything will ever be released.
:roll:

http://www.whois.net/whois/bitwig.com

Domain Information
===================
Domain.......: BITWIG.COM (DOM-267159)
Status.......: OK
Amended......: 2009-02-23 10:48:29
Created......: 2009-02-23 10:48:28
Expires......: 2010-02-23 10:48:28
I have seen that same webpage years ago, it doesn't relate to their web domain stuff. So roll eyes to you too. :P

Post

Xenakios wrote:
mrdr wrote:
Xenakios wrote:Nothing has happened with that sequencer for years. (It's been the same web page since 2008 or maybe even earlier.) I doubt anything will ever be released.
:roll:

http://www.whois.net/whois/bitwig.com

Domain Information
===================
Domain.......: BITWIG.COM (DOM-267159)
Status.......: OK
Amended......: 2009-02-23 10:48:29
Created......: 2009-02-23 10:48:28
Expires......: 2010-02-23 10:48:28
I have seen that same webpage years ago, it doesn't relate to their web domain stuff. So roll eyes to you too. :P
Just quoting this now so I can have the pleasure of reviving, pointing, and laughing when the Bitwig sequencer is released.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Post

man i'd love to hear some news about this.
Do not lick the fablanky

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”