Rolled AL: alternative multilooper MIDI script for FCB1010

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've programmed this script to be controlled by my FCB1010. It comes from functionality I've had running in ChucK for some time. With the fantastic new addition of the time() function, we're now able to do clever stuff directly in AL, so I no longer need ChucK. Brilliant!

Here's what Rolled AL does:

Button 1-4 (Note 1-4) controls loops 1-4:

- Press and hold to record to loops 1-4. When all loops are clear, the first loop to be recorded onto becomes the Master sync and other loops are set to Tempo sync. So the first recording you make defines the tempo. After that, you can record onto any part (of any loop) you like by holding the corresponding button.

- Tap briefly to clear tape.

Button 5 (Note 5):

- Press and hold to Stop currently selected loop.

- Tap to reverse, or, if stopped, to play currently selected loop.

Buttons 6-10 (Notes 6-10):

- Selects current loop to be controlled by Button 5 and Controllers 1 and 2. Buttons 6-9 select loop 1-4 and button 10 selects ALL loops.

Controller 1:

- Controls pitch of currently selected loop.

Controller 2:

- Controls L-L and R-R delay time of currently selected loop.

That's it! Download Rolled AL here:

http://sound.stephband.info/augustusloop/midi/midi.lua

Also, here's the preset I use with Rolled AL. You need to set your four instances to use OSC offsets 1-4:

http://sound.stephband.info/augustusloo ... L.aupreset

I don't have a custom GUI yet - I'm working on that! Rolled AL is partly inspired by Axl's post detailing how he set up his FCB1010 with Augustus Loop:

http://ausdemfenster.de/?p=23

Cheers!
Stephen.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the post. I'll take a look at your script later. One of these days, I'll also post an updated version of my own script.

Now I'm off to see Faith No More :-)

Cheers,
Axel

Thanks for posting that, Stephen. Would you mind if I posted the script directly on the Expert Sleepers site too? I'll link back to this thread.

os wrote:Thanks for posting that, Stephen. Would you mind if I posted the script directly on the Expert Sleepers site too? I'll link back to this thread.
Mais, bien sur! Of course you can. I'm going to post a more detailed description, too, when I get sound.stephband.info up and running.

I have to admit it's not a perfect script yet. I haven't got the hang of Lua's scope. There are some functions I've deliberately left global in Rolled AL because I re-use them in other scripts, but then there are some that I'd prefer to keep local. When I do, though, I find I can't reference them from inside the 'notes' table (for example).

So it'll probably get updated - but the url will stay the same.

os wrote:Thanks for posting that, Stephen. Would you mind if I posted the script directly on the Expert Sleepers site too? I'll link back to this thread.
Mais, bien sur! Of course you can. I'm going to post a more detailed description, too, when I get sound.stephband.info up and running.

I have to admit it's not a perfect script yet. I haven't got the hang of Lua's scope. There are some functions I've deliberately left global in Rolled AL because I re-use them in other scripts, but then there are some that I'd prefer to keep local. When I do, though, I find I can't reference them from inside the 'notes' table (for example).

So it'll probably get updated - but the url will stay the same!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”