Life Against The Clock - Electronic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Here's my latest piece of synth music.

I decided to have some fun this time . . .

http://www.type34.info/temp/My%20Compos ... eClock.mp3

Enjoyable piece of synth pop that :)

That initial bass/synth line is simple but very important to the melodic and rhythmic content of the track and works very well, mostly due to it's plucky nature I think. Perhaps if you had a break some way through the track and shut that synthline down for maybe 16 bars while you had a pad buildup happening it would be really cool to hear them come back in again.

There are some toms that happen maybe 1/3 - 1/2 way through the track that really sound like they need some heavy high passing on them as they're really muddy, or maybe just find some different tom samples?

Other than that all i'd say is the whole track could use a bit more delay and reverb on different elements to glue it all together.

Nice work 8)

Thanks!

You can now listen to the song here, if you don't want to download the file:

http://alonetone.com/danielb/tracks/lif ... -the-clock

I thought I'd add a provocative question:

All the sounds in this piece, except the drums, are played either on Sylenth1 or on an Access Virus. Can you tell which one's which?

I didn't like that bass/synth like at all. Actually found it annoying - very much a personal opinion of course :shrug:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:I didn't like that bass/synth like at all. Actually found it annoying - very much a personal opinion of course :shrug:
You mean the tick-tock? Oh well . . . .

daniel_baum wrote:
folderol wrote:I didn't like that bass/synth like at all. Actually found it annoying - very much a personal opinion of course :shrug:
Never mind, I liked it.

And no, I can't tell the difference between the Virus and Sylenth 8)

tehlord wrote:
daniel_baum wrote:
Never mind, I liked it.

:D

rob_lee wrote:
tehlord wrote:
daniel_baum wrote:
Never mind, I liked it.

:D
I guess I owe you the answer:

The tick-tock, the lead of the "verse" and the percussive sound that accompanies the filter sweeps second time around until the end, in your right ear, are Sylenth1. the rest are all on the Virus.

Hi all,

Here's a new version with a different ending:

http://www.type34.info/temp/My%20Compos ... lock.2.mp3

Return to “Music Cafe”