Jordan Rudess NAMM-authentic electric guitar sound-HOW??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just watched this clip below which is jordan jules at NAMM 2009,can somebody please tell me what he could be using to nail this electric guitar sound on a keyboard,it is sooo unbelievable(his playing and the sound),he is using a big workstation but looks like he is using a laptop(kind of) above his keyboard,check out at 2.13

Jordan Rudess NAMM 2009 Performance(check 2.13),the sound is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIr9eLRp ... edded#t=48

It's all in the goatee.

According to another video over there, he's using Omnishpere, but there's no telling. This guy had the guitar technic nailed for a long time. Check out the Necromancer (by Rush) cover with Dream Theater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI04qsXJgh0 (7:00)
Last edited by cosmosis on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brambos wrote:It's all in the goatee.
well i have a goatee like that and i still cant get that tone! :lol:

The real guitar close to the beginning ?
Watch his hands, he doesn't play that.
The rest are vaguely guitaristic synth sounds he actually plays.
Great player though.
Cheers,
susiwong

susiwong wrote:The real guitar close to the beginning ?
Watch his hands, he doesn't play that.
The rest are vaguely guitaristic synth sounds he actually plays.
Great player though.
Cheers,
susiwong
+1 ... that's what I saw/heard also.

~S~

Think he's referring to the section after the real guitar part.

It's a great tone, for sure. Lacks a true pick attack, as well as other things, but yeah... great tone... and of course, sick sick playing...

OzoneJunkie wrote:Think he's referring to the section after the real guitar part.

It's a great tone, for sure. Lacks a true pick attack, as well as other things, but yeah... great tone... and of course, sick sick playing...
It IS a "great tone" yes, but @2:13 it's a synth "sound". I suspect (assuming here) that the "monitor" (in question) is an add-on to the Fantom-8 as well.

The guy rocks, and def has a thing for guitar riffs. Did likewise with his Korg Oasys demo, I noticed.

Man that beard steals show from him.

For a great guitar sound, better than that fuzz, go for a 2nd hand trinity.

its a Roland demo so we can probably assume that he is using the Fantom for that leadsound. The monitor is a touchscreen device that he uses to display the score.
The problem with multiendorsers like Jordan is that he is dancing on so many weddings at once that its hard to decide which of the many products that he endorses is actually the best...........
Especially when they fall in similiar categories.

Interesting, but on the higher and more sustained notes it can't fool anyone: it's a "synth" playing. It also glides in a different way from a real guitar.
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Ja.x wrote:Interesting, but on the higher and more sustained notes it can't fool anyone: it's a "synth" playing. It also glides in a different way from a real guitar.
Well, it IS a synth lead sound and it was never intended to sound like a real guitar (even if incidentally it sometimes does)

I never really understood the desire of him and other keyboardists to try to sound like a guitar.

Use a synth for synth sounds. Leave guitar sounds to the guitarist.

chaoticz wrote:Man that beard steals show from him.
I heard it's going to go solo and start releasing its own albums soon.

Return to “Instruments”