Manybass - will it play a low A note?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey there..i've started to use this software..so far i've found it good sounding, BUT, as i'm doing some death metal stuff, i need low tunings like B and A..in this software, i couldnt decrease the tuning below B..is there any chance to do that?

slammer88 wrote:hey there..i've started to use this software..so far i've found it good sounding, BUT, as i'm doing some death metal stuff, i need low tunings like B and A..in this software, i couldnt decrease the tuning below B..is there any chance to do that?
Hi slammer88
Welcome to the forum.

At this time ManyBass will go down to a low B but not a Low A.
ManyBass itself is using samples from a 4 string bass, so going to low A on that guitar would not be as nice as recording a 5 string bass with proper dropped low notes.

In the future we do plan on having a 5 string bass sample pack, that would go as low as a low A. But at this time a low B is all you can do. You would really need that 5 string bass to go any lower I think. Perhaps a future add on pack for ManyBass could feature this, we'll see.

But there may be another way to access a low A note in the existing ManyBass by using the pitchbend, hang on, perhaps Greg can explain it.

Paul

The cool thing about ManyBass that sets it apart from a lot of other bass libraries is that the notes below the low E are really sampled, not just stretched.

Unfortunately using the coarse tuning knob in ManyBass won't let you stretch the low B sample down to a low A (since it doesn't stretch the sample, but rather just transposes the samples). However, you can easily use the pitch bend to detune the low B note down a whole-step to a low A.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hello again.. Yea, actually i've realized that i'd do that lowering thing with the P.bend, but i couldn't be sure, which value in the P.bend setting i should use for a -2 note transposing, as it's between - and +8192..Some kind of weird ratio there is :lol: Also, i could not spend much time on this software, maybe 1-2 hours so far, but with this P.bend method it sounds like quite "muddy" or "dull"..i'll work on it in time and as a last resort, i'll have to wait for that add-on and continue using Hardcore Bass :roll:

slammer88 wrote:Hello again.. Yea, actually i've realized that i'd do that lowering thing with the P.bend, but i couldn't be sure, which value in the P.bend setting i should use for a -2 note transposing, as it's between - and +8192..Some kind of weird ratio there is :lol: Also, i could not spend much time on this software, maybe 1-2 hours so far, but with this P.bend method it sounds like quite "muddy" or "dull"..i'll work on it in time and as a last resort, i'll have to wait for that add-on and continue using Hardcore Bass :roll:

Hi,

A time ago i was experimenting with manybass to make a low A, in an hour i had
a preset.. Sounded a bit weak so i decided to do it later!

Today i did a test again but dialed the settings from my drop C patch to my
A patch, thing sounded marvelous with the guitar..

I used it with my fresh recorded guitars (podx3 and rectifier amp) in cubase.
The dials where the volume from the bass amp on 2 o clock, dist from the
compressor on 1.5 i think, the eq i don't now exactly and a couple of other
knobs, transpose is done offcourse with the p-bend.

Mostly i record 4 guitartracks, i use one instance of manybass with different
velocities on different parts, velocities itself are not radically different
from each other. I use the velocity from the transport module in cubase
where i can use my pc keyboard to press the notes also (see cubase ess 5)

The instrument volume track of manybass in cubase is -3.35

If anybody is interested i will post the preset, don't now how to do it
but ask and i will try :wink:

A sound fragment is on my soundclick page but i don't now if it is pêrmitted
to post the link here.

cheers
glenn

Return to “Manytone Music”