LinPlug Octopus 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Octopus

Where is it?

Oh how I wish!
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Indeed :D

:love: :hyper: :?: :x :cry:

jamieblac wrote:Where is it?
It isn't.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

STILL WAITING!!!

Why isn't this synth getting more press?

When it comes to FM synths, why do FM8 get most of the attention and other plugs like Octopus get kinda forgotten ?

And Octopus got more than just FM:

Octopus's oscillators depart from conventional FM oscillators in that they employ additive synthesis to produce timbres that are harmonically complex right at the operator level.

It can't be the price, costing just €79, and got good reviews, like
http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... opus-22143

:x Damn I thought it was here

With a bit more attention to things like formant filters Octopus could finally be the FS1R contender everyone has been hoping for.

aMUSEd wrote::x Damn I thought it was here
Me too!
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

I expect there will be a 33% off sale at Linplug eventually. Picking this up at just about €50 is tempting.

For some reason or other I have not been looking much at this synth before, I like Rhino a lot and it appears this is something of a similar creature.

I guess the obstacle is it wasn't really developed by Linplug in-house developers but by a third party.

So who did develop it?

aMUSEd wrote:I guess the obstacle is it wasn't really developed by Linplug in-house developers but by a third party.
Maxx Claster that created Poizone, Toxic, EJ FM, Sawer and a bunch of other things was behind Octopus :)

Wow, that guy has coded a lot of stuff :o

As Octopus incorporates some kind of additive synthesis, would it be right to think that Claster took Octopus further by making Harmor?

...no, harmor was coded by image-line, not maxx cluster.

...and about your question why octupus doesn't get more attention - because it was probably a one time thing between linplug and maxx cluster. a better question would be why linplug's products don't get more attention. spektral is one of the most interesting synths that came out in the last couple of years...

Return to “Instruments”