The last 10% of the cash prize

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We gotta have this discussion. 10% of the money is so far not decided yet where it should go. I've got a thought when I was sleeping: Put the last 10% in eskrow for next year's prizefund. If we continue to do this from now on God knows how large prizefund we'll have within a decade.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Who knows how many DCs there will be in the next decade if any :scared:

I think we should concentrate on this one being a success before worrying about long term plans.

I agree, here's some ideas to throw in the pot

- best freeware-only dev (highest placed entry made by dev who only makes freeware/not associated with commercial plugins)
- developers favourite (voted by entrants)
- best GUI (voted by all)
- most innovative (voted by all)
- charity (decided by Ben)

Probably it should not be given to an entry that already won one of the other cash prizes

how about encouraging youngsters? either an under-16(?) category or simply the youngest entrant (though thinking about it, spacedad may have something to say about that... :))

Well that one definitly appeals to my taste.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I say we spend it on sending vurt into orbit.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I say we spend it on sending vurt into orbit.
+54 I wanna know what kind of music Vurt can make in space :-o

whyterabbyt wrote:I say we spend it on sending vurt into orbit.
The Grauniad wrote:Laliberté, who plans to spend 12 days in space, paid $35m (£22m) for his flight. He has a 95% stake in Cirque du Soleil, a circus arts and theatre performance company that turned 25 this year.
so if that final 10% is worth £22m I guess there must be ummmm errrr ....
... $350m in the prize pot - good times :D
whiteLABEL - now set free : whiteLABEL ||

de la Mancha wrote:- developers favourite (voted by entrants)
- most innovative (voted by all)
I like these two.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

the lack of funding this time compared to earlier challenges is rather stunning. sad. not that i have money to contribute either... but what about corporate support? they're the easiest and most obvious... no companies offering awards?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

GaryG wrote:how about encouraging youngsters? either an under-16(?) category or simply the youngest entrant (though thinking about it, spacedad may have something to say about that... :))
he's lost interest since i told him there might not be any cool prizes.hehe,bloody kids.
and it's his birthday disco on friday too,so that's all he can think about atm. :)

Yea I've also stunned by the low prize funds. As for an underage category I'd say that is definitly the way to go to encurage young developers.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

tbh, as I recall the other times it wasn't until the software was released that the fund grew significantly..

it did increase about 100 since release, but i still find it low. too bad. i really think the KVR Developer Challenge is a BRILLIANT way to encourage development and growth in this area of software development. Without contributions from the big names/companies, there's much less incentive and less gets done. Though i am happy to see that there are a number of interesting entries submitted. best luck to everyone. i will check out your efforts as soon as i'm on my PC again (not enough Mac entries).

(SynthMaker for Mac, anyone?? hah hah)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

de la Mancha wrote: - charity (decided by Ben)
+1
follow me on Image

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”