I hope this helps: How-To get the Tascam FireOne to work under Windows 7

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FireOne under Windows 7 on Digital Shiv

It almost drive me crazy but I got the damned thing to work.

I hope my How-To helps some peoples not have to go through the crap I did.

Bump, and a clarification:

This gets the FireOne to work with ASIO4ALL
I never have gotten it to work with your normal system sounds, WMP, etc.
But I only need it for my pro audio apps, so I didn't even think to test it until later.

well, it's helped one person thus far ;)
weekend bump

I do have a Tascam Fireone dormant since a long time, because I couldn't make it work with Win 7 64 bits.

Tascam and Frontier latest official drivers were designed for windows 7 32 bits, so I was not surprised that in my last searches I only found dodgy links and non-working installs.

I will appreciate that someone from our community has a 64 bits solution for this fine piece of hardware, it does 96 khz at 24 bits, with instrument and microphone inputs, midi control, etc.
///More so now that Thunderbolt 3 is being released in most able laptops, therefore firewire connections (and the related musical and Audio hardware) are made eternal, provided adequate drivers exist for the OS those use.
Regards,

Hello,
I don't know why anyone would do it after all this time, but yeah, shoot ur shots and all. Anyway I bought FireOne like 2 years ago, because someone was selling it really cheap, and since I was staring at 3D version of it on my desktop for last 5 years (because someone made FireOne UI in AIMP that I'm using to play music on pc) I was like hell yeah I don't care if it works, I don't care about anything, I WILL BUY IT. After it arrived I discovered that there are no 64bit drivers, so I installed XP or Vista 32, to check if it works - and indeed it worked. I lurked around to find maybe someone did revive it, but sadly not found anything, and thats why I'm here. Today once again I was like HELL YEAH I WANNA SEE THOSE DOTS JUMP IN SYNC TO MUSIC, so thats why I'm here v2. Anyone :/?

cu1tur4l wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:26 am Anyone :/?
Using the Wayback Machine gets you the text back at least:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120210052 ... windows-7/
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thank you! Yeah I also checked archive.org, but from what I understood, it will not work as I want it to work; pretty much as a visualizer? Or will it?
Tbh I've never stopped to think will it ever work that way?

I did manage to download an .exe from the web archive, but that's been a long time ago when sites were quite plain.
I skimmed through the text, it's just how to do it using the original installer, which it has links to. Cross fingers those links do work...

@BertKoor @cultur4I
All these "fixes" of the time were to make Windows XP 32 bit FireOne drivers work with Windows 7 32bit. There were no drivers released for neither Windows XP nor 7 in their 64 bit versions, no matter how back on time one goes...

Unless someone from Frontier Design Group (the ones on charge of their development) decides to release these, drivers will not be found. Which AFAIK has yet to happen, apparently because at the time TASCAM decided not to further fund the association both companies had. And this will succeed in case 64 bit drivers were then developed to certain stage of usability.

The relevant context is wider since Frontier Design G. was also part of designing other TASCAM products, like the excellent FW-1884 MIDI mixer/controller and other models. This one did receive a 64bit driver that has made it usable till today.

Couldn't get it to work - no surprise there. I sent an email to Tascam - as it could change anything XD. Idk, I'm desperate.

@Nspace
Didn't refresh the page in time to read your post. Thank you for answering too - I am in disbelief that I stumbled upon this forum, 2009 post, last answer from 2018, typed up my nonsense and received ANY answer, especially in 1 hour. Amazing.

Plus the other way; the possibility that a Windows 32bit driver into a 64bit environment generic emulation driver is built and in one bright stroke all that old (and sometimes very nice hardware like FireOne) could be made to work... hasn't happened just yet.

In this recent informed discussion about making 32bit drivers to work in 64 OSes, hopeful participants still meet pessimistic and detailed responses:
https://retrocomputing.stackexchange.co ... r-even-vxd#

Time keeps ticking and in the past 2 to 4 years DACs have greatly improved and keep lowering their price.
FireOne and alike 32bit driver-bounded hardware still have some hope, probably from some form of AI, that will resurrect past hardware. However in our case here, its uses, look and even excellent hands on usability may be matched and even bettered by then...

I'm not the target audience for this type of product, this was (I think) my first "I would not use it, I just want to have it" purchase. The "CLOSEST" thing to this I own is FiiO Olympus 2 DAC, but using this as a "close thing" is at the same level that saying my headphones are related to FireOne :D

To the point: I just fell in love with the simple design of FireOne and because of using it as my AIMP skin for sooo long, I wanted to see it not only on my screen, but on my desk as well :hug:.
To be blunt It doesn't ( for me) need to do anything beside syncing db meters to music. Altho I'm a big fan of retro (ok, this is 'just' 17yo(?), but It is closer than further to my age so yeah) hardware, and the thought that people might start using this or other old hardware because it will be revived by AI is a nice vision to dream...

With a spare pair of outputs of your current interface (you have more than one single stereo pair I hope) you could try to feed those into the line inputs of the FireOne. Power it with an adapter, and the curved led bar should light up.

Perhaps even with its midi out connected to midi in of your current interface you can use the transport buttons.

Fancy door stop ;-)

I will give it a try, thank you!
BertKoor wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:46 pm Fancy door stop ;-)
XDDDD lovely

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”