ambient guitar thing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not much of a tune, more of a...mood, really. As usual, all suggestions are most welcome. Cheers!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2357518/ambient ... 0piece.mp3

Wow, this is absolutely awesome!

I suppose you used a real guitar and tons of effects?

Stunning. This reminds me of something. Can't quite put my finger on it. Who are your influences for this piece?

very nice, this is the first thing I listened to this morning and the mood is perfect. I especially like the Jazzy guitar when it breaks through, what guitar are you using, sounds like a jazzbox of some sort.

Gorgeous and icy. Your ideas seem to unravel so naturally. Do tell your methods in this one. Another keeper for the Apan folder. :)

nice mood.. soundtrack for winter day

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It is just a Les Paul played with fingers,lined into my sound card and run through several instances of Guitar Rig - AC and Jazzbox presets (the jazzy guitar at the end) with some delay, reverb, tremolo, and chorus. Some of the tracks have been pitched up or down (with or without tempo adjustment) - the low rumbling sound for example.

As for influences I am not quite sure. When I wrote the chord progression I was listening a lot to Metheney (his acoustic Haden colab - highly recommended) and I was just exploring way to build up a lot of harmonic tension. As for the sound I suppose my fondness of guitar soundscapes a la Lanois (the Apollo record he did with Eno for example) shines through.

Thank you for listening!

Apan, very nice! Absolutely love it!

It never ceases to amaze me how many creative people and wonderful music one can find at KvR!

Night Tides on 98.3am here in KCMO would love this. The host plays nothing but this sort of thing from 9pm-midnight every Sunday night. Good stuff.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Awesome, it's almost like something trying to materialize out of sound.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

@DRS: Indeed! An inspiring place to hang around.
@ Moe: Streaming now. Soothing stuff, thanks
@ AetherCoyl: Well put, cheers!

No suggestions, just thanks for this. I enjoyed it.
No longer a moderator.

Cool stuff. I like it when people use guitars for more than your standard riffage & wankery.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Quite lovely. As has been said already, nothing like the wankery you often hear. Some tones really don't sound like guitars.
(fwiw, guitar player here, too)

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

very nice, great use of space--if this is indeed based on metheny you're working off an aspect of his playing that i think too many people miss out on.

Return to “Music Cafe”