Magic Wand : Alchemy Soundbank : The Oculus 1rst expansion set Released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Lotuzia
KVRAF
10191 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 am

EDIT : 21 December 2009 Magic Wand is released :) All details here

EDIT 09/10 : Following Ben request to mention this : The Alchemy PLAYER version ,recently released by Camel Audio won't load 3rd party soundbanks and will only load CA commercial banks.. To use Magic Wand you'll need the full version of Alchemy.

Here is a little teaser I just completed today for our forthcoming Magic Wand Alchemy Soundset :)

As usual, no external Fx, No Eqs, no comps, no nothing and only use of the modulation wheel and pushing the keys. Pure Alchemy !

Separate instruments demo

Magic Wand Pads Demo

Magic Wand Keys Demo

Magic Wand Leads & Misc Demo

Magic Wand Bass Demo

New : 11/02/2010

The Oculus - 1rst expansion set for Magic Wand

This is the definitive audio demo of patches coming in the first update of the bank ( So you know that we've almost finished working on it :) )

Minisongs

Funk - The Lotus Position -

Vintage House

West Coast Rock

Well the bank is a very generalist soundset, including pure synthesis instruments, instruments you might have found in HW romplers, Hybrid instruments, combining both. The instruments themselves are an hopefully pleasant mix between bread and butter and more adventurous and sophisticated ones.

And the soundbank is part of our Fair Play program, wich means that all updates will be free for earlier adopters :)

I'll add more demos as they are completed in the following days.

All comments and questions welcomed.

Thanks for reading, listening :) , and have a nice day

The Oculus - 1rst expansion set for Magic Wand [/url]

LtZ
Last edited by Lotuzia on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:18 am, edited 10 times in total.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

standalone
KVRAF
5750 posts since 8 May, 2008 from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Great news for Alchemy owners!.
Beautiful bright pads, I'm waiting for more demos:)

Arglebargle
KVRAF
2974 posts since 18 Oct, 2004

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Excellent! I'll take all the Alchemy addons I can get.

ObsoleteAcc99
Banned
22486 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:41 pm

ditto

:hyper:

hogberto
KVRist
89 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:56 pm

so where do i type in my credit card number. :x

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:06 am

standalone wrote:Great news for Alchemy owners!.
Beautiful bright pads, I'm waiting for more demos:)
Arglebargle wrote:Excellent! I'll take all the Alchemy addons I can get.
ttoz wrote:ditto

:hyper:
hogberto wrote:so where do i type in my credit card number. :x
Yeah Thanks for your kind comments Standalone, Arglebargle, Ttoz and Hogberto :)

To Standalone : Bright ! Thats exactly what I was thinking when I listend to all the audio clips I had accumulated while creating the bank. Alchemy made me craft a lot of very clear and bright instruments. Dunno why. Maybe the bunch of filters,/Eqs you can insert here and there in the signal path, or the very gentle rez wich allows for precise contour :shrug:

To Arglebargle and Ttoz : Yes. Listen the demos first :) One never knows :)

To Hogberto : Well the bank page is not even built on our site. In the best of cases, it will be live tomorrow and the banks will be ready to ship on 21 December. Instruments are all made but I've still to complete the manual, make and test the install aso .... Doing all I can :shrug:

And I had a clip with some weirrrrrddddd noises in the Keys demo :-o , I'll have to remake this one :? , so for now here's the Leads, semi natural, and weirdos demo :).

Magic Wand Leads & Misc Demo

The drums in the last ..... "Dancy" clip are made by Battery 3, and not quantised :P :P Anyway anyone should be aware by now that I totally suck in this kind of exercices :oops: :hihi: :hihi: Only one instance of Alchemy though in this clip, like in all the other ones.

I'll post the minisongs later today ...... after the dentist, should I survive :)

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:55 am

I survived :)

Here are tow -rather long- MiniTracks I made for the Alchemy song contest, and the Funky one finally made it in the winner trio.

Minisongs

Funk - The Lotus Position -

Vintage House

About the preset used in these tracks :

On 22 different instruments 4 can be found in the Alchemy Factory Library or Camel Audio official Expansions Sets ( One of the basses and the sextolets fall fun preset in the Funky track, and again one of the basses and the Vibes making the Chorus at the end in the Housy track)

The 18 remaining presets are all part of Magic Wand ( The Blue Flute -end of the Housy tune- for example will be included in the Step 2 extension of the bank. Just to say that there are already presets made for the extension :)

Feel free to ask for some more details on wich presets are included here or there.

LtZ

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:52 am

Just added the Keys Demo.

Magic Wand Keys Demo

Page site should hopefully be live today ( Currently working oàn it, there's so mcuh to say about Alchemy...) :)

LtZ

core
KVRAF
4683 posts since 2 Sep, 2005 from city of lights (nl)

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:34 am

Nice job, these demos sound really nice.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Looking for something new? Make sure to check here!

losan
KVRian
539 posts since 19 Jul, 2008

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Great demos, great sounds !
The 'Lotuzia' treatment to sounddesign :wink:
This will be a great addition to Alchemy, providing some different sounds, which are so far not too much included with the right now available sounds.

This will make Alchemy even more an all rounded synth :)

mikusan
KVRian
692 posts since 26 Jun, 2003 from UK

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Ltz, I gotta say - you are one funky mutha...are you a fan by any chance of Marc Moulin?

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:30 am

core wrote:Nice job, these demos sound really nice.
Thanks Ronnie, very appreaciated :)

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:35 am

losan wrote:Great demos, great sounds !
The 'Lotuzia' treatment to sounddesign :wink:
This will be a great addition to Alchemy, providing some different sounds, which are so far not too much included with the right now available sounds.

This will make Alchemy even more an all rounded synth :)
Yes thanks Losan. :) I also have around 60 instruments spreaded into the Alchemy Factory libs and the different add-ons distributed by Camel Audio themselves.

At this time Camel Audio wanted some Bread and Butter presets, so our own collection does have some more B'n'B presets as well, cos that's part of the instruments I enjoy to create, while another part of the soundset focus on -imho- really unique instruments, ie that you'll never find in other synths or collections.

Still all the instruments are intented to be fully musical and expressive ones, as always. So let's hope this aim was successfully completed :) :shrug:

LtZ

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:44 am

mikusan wrote:Ltz, I gotta say - you are one funky mutha...are you a fan by any chance of Marc Moulin?
Hi Mikusan,

Well ....... :oops: I dont even know Marc Moulin, will google it later today :oops: :oops:

But I still listen to a lot of Funky and Soul Music, as well as all the Rock/Jazz mixes and blends of the 60s/70s, and even some JaZz-Rock things appeared later.

In essence, I believe that all the "Groove" instruments we provide are usable for all the sons of these 2 "father figure" archetypal musical genres, be it DownTempo, Electronica, ChillOut, Lounge, NuJazz or NuSomething, Housy Stuff or even R'n'b or more Dancey stuff. I mean either you get the groove, or you have ..... well ...... less the groove. :)

The thing is that, without a singer, its far more easy -For me at least- to make Funky demos than Soul or Rock demos for the instruments.

Well gotta see who's this Marc Moulin now :)

LtZ

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:47 am

Just added the Bass demo and a very soft West Coast Rock demos :)

Magic Wand Bass Demo

West Coast Rock

The Magic Wand page should be live before tonight on our site but the bank itself however wont ship before 21 December. Still a lot of work to do on the installer, aso. I cross fingers for everything going smoothly till this date :D

Thanks for reading,

LtZ

Return to “Instruments”