ManyBass on a Mac Mini?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm thinking about buying the Acoustic and Fretless plugins for a composer who uses Logic Express 8 on an early Mini, 1.25 GHz I think, with a gig of RAM. She generally doesn't use more than a few instruments at a time. Will ManyBass tax that system too much?

Hi
ManyBass is very light on the cpu. I suggest downloading the demo to see for yourself how it goes before you purchase. You can also switch to Disk Stream mode to save ram usage. I am sure you'll find it will run great on that system.

Also remember that the fretless and Upright are add on packs for ManyBass. (or they come in the ManyBass bundle) They do not have the ManyBass plugin included in their individual forms.
Please let me know how it goes for you.
Thanks
Paul

manytone wrote:Hi
ManyBass is very light on the cpu. I suggest downloading the demo to see for yourself how it goes before you purchase. You can also switch to Disk Stream mode to save ram usage. I am sure you'll find it will run great on that system.

Also remember that the fretless and Upright are add on packs for ManyBass. (or they come in the ManyBass bundle) They do not have the ManyBass plugin included in their individual forms.
Please let me know how it goes for you.
Thanks
Paul
Ah, I didn't realize that! Unfortunately she does only straight ahead jazz and all the electric basses would be wasted on her (not to mention it would double the cost). Any plans to sell the plugin by itself for those who want to build their own custom library? Or better yet, to make them available in EXS24 format?

Hi again
The only way to get them in EXS24 is via the soundfont version although that is 16 bit. Or you could load the ManyTone versions into our ManyOne sampler which is on sale for $24.95 presently (regular 49.95), and then you'll have the 24 bit versions. In fact I could offer you a special price on a Fretless/Acoustic/ManyOne bundle. How about if you buy the fretless and the Upright, I add on ManyOne for only $10.00. Just email me if interested and I'll sort you a custom link to purchase.

Perhaps in the future we may offer a custom ManyBass version (ie: Manybass without the core library) so users could build a custom setup, but no promises at this point.

I think the ManyOne method may be your best bet and will keep the cost down.
Cheers
Paul

That sounds good, thanks for the offer. With ManyOne, will the presets from the bass libraries show up in the library menu? It will have to be very simple for this particular woman. Definitely not a tweaker.

The soundsets will show up in the ManyOne menu for simple loading but there are no specific presets for ManyOne. Basically you would choose a preset in ManyOne and then replace the soundset used with the Fretless or Upright.

On that note even in ManyBass, only the fretless has specific presets for it. The Upright requires the same as ManyOne. (Replacing a presets soundset with the Upright soundset) Pretty simple and easy to use though.

Paul

Okay, I think that will work. I'll send you an email. Thanks.

Return to “Manytone Music”