New Sonic Reality Products at NAMM 2010

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're at NAMM in Anaheim. If you haven't seen the news on KVR we've announced some new products and news of products shipping within the next 2-3 weeks including EpiK DrumS A Ken Scott Collection, Neil Peart Drums Vol. 1: The Kit (for BFD2 and Infinite Player), Serafine FX Tron HD, Cinema Sessions Gold, Drummer Tracks (which are song length play along drum tracks done by the same drummers of our Drum Masters series - this is something for everyone) and more.

If you check on www.sonicreality.com today you will see more news and new mp3 demos provided by a variety of composers including some KVRians you may know such as Luca and Dimitar (thanks guys!). So stay tuned for more info. I might post some photos from the show as well. Rod Morgenstein and Terry Bozzio will be in our booth today (Booth 6337 in HALL A). John Blackwell stopped by yesterday as well as Serj from A System of a Down and Rabbit and the Moon... all sorts of different musicians. Lyle Workman stopped by as well and was blown away by Cinema Sessions and FX Tron. He's been scoring films for Judd Apatow like 40 year old Virgin, Superbad, Knocked Up, Sarah something's something something... Marshall something. He also scored MADE with the Swingers dudes. Lucky Lyle! He also plays guitar with Sting and just played on a new Norah Jones' record... now that is a working musician! Inspiring.

Anyway, I'll kind of blog it in this thread. I saw some amazing instruments at NAMM as well that I will show you all. Some cool stuff.

just watched the Ken Scott interview really cool.
Nobody's a nobody...

Which one? There's a ton of them coming.

So, if you want to know all of the cool Sonic Reality-related things going on I will update you.

1. In our booth 6337 we have Ken Scott who will sign an EpiK DrumS postcard for you (collector's item! haha)

2. We have a preliminary version of Neil Peart Drums playing from the brand new Yamaha DTX kit that has new pads that feel really good! Plus you can try the first kit we've ever done in BFD2. It also comes for the Infinite Player of course.

3. Sonic Reality's studio is featured in Keyboard Magazine's February issue (out now). We're on the cover (yay) and you know the back of the magazine where they show the gear in someone's studio? Apparently, according to Robbie Gennett, this was the first time they ever did a THREE PAGE SPREAD of keyboards in a studio but I suppose if they ever were it could be Sonic Reality (and the old studio in LA was even crazier if you could imagine but that's what "Sample Everything" is all about... modular Serge systems, Gleeman Pentaphonics, OSCar and a Hurdy Gurdy...)

4. There are some great articles coming in MIX magazine (March or April) with Ken taking apart classic recordings he's done such as "Walk on the Wild Side" - you know I heard a funny story about how Herbie Flowers came up with the dual bass line. It was because you get paid twice for the two parts! Although since that bass line practically WAS the song perhaps it should have been paid more than just a session fee... interesting thing and when I met Herbie in London with Ken he was surprisingly really cool about it. Others would have sued probably because that is a seriously catchy bass line that most would agree is part of the songwriting of that track. I think so myself. Anyway... some interesting things to talk about there and we interviewed Herbie as well.

5. Rod Morgenstein was hanging around the booth all day yesterday and will be there today as well as Terry Bozzio. Very approachable nice guys and they'll sign an EpiK DrumS postcard as well.

6. Frank Serafine is around and we're launching both his FX Tron and our new Cinema Sessions Gold - these are going to be released not to long after we get back to the office. Listen to the new demos which are up on the pages: http://www.sonicreality.com/index.php/cinema-sessions/

What else? All kinds of stuff! Too much to mention. But NAMM is going well. People are psyched on the Infinite Player-based virtual instrument product line.

Sounds brilliant...........just need to win the lottery to fly there :(
ESoundz - KindredSpirit

Of course the "stop by and visit" is for those who are visiting or live in California. I've met up with quite a few KVRians and VDrumians and Gearsluts at the show. For those of you that can't make it to this perhaps I'll see you in Frankfurt. Or you can watch the vids!

Squids wrote:Which one? There's a ton of them coming.
Ah I found the others, the sweetwater interview is cool esp. the Bowie story about one take is all he needed. As well the Bob Siebenberg vid with the water gong amazing sound from that.
Nobody's a nobody...

When is Frankfurt?? So many things I want, Ken Scott's Epikdrums, Keith Emerson collection and of course the ELP concert down south this year in London....waited over 35 years for that!!! :shock: :-o :-o

You'll have to start a layaway scheme soon Squids
ESoundz - KindredSpirit

ELP is playing this year? That's cool. I didn't know that. I may have to go!

Keith was actually going to take me along with him for the Led Zeppelin concert - that expensive one they did. He wanted to go and had to PLAY one song just get in for free but offered to say I was his roadie to sneak me in. He was actually seriously offering that and there must have been some MAJOR reason why I couldn't go because thinking back I can't imagine too many opportunities cooler than that... I know people that would give their right arm. I could have spared a tentacle at least!

By the way, you just reminded me. So I met up with Keith Wexler (I know I just spelled that wrong) who is Keith's tech yesterday and we went over to watch "Mellodrama" which is a movie all about Mellotrons and Chamberlins. Mark Vail was there, Brian Kehew, I sat next to Larry Fast... Frank Serafine was there and actually it was a keyboard geek's dream. A lot of quirky stuff - great movie. It felt a little weird not being asked to be in it at all though considering we made SampleTron and they DID talk about the software Trons... just didn't mention ours. Also, I have a wealth of stories they could have tapped into and when I told them in person they were like "Oh." I mean the Tom Waits one alone is worth half a minute in a movie like that. I even have pictures of him goofing off (although I had some sort of mullet from the 80's going on so maybe that's better it wasn't seen). Anyway, I admit I still enjoyed it quite a lot even though there was this tiniest bittersweet feeling I guess you could say. More just a lack of recognition in such a rare area it would have been relevant. She could have done some better research. I would have gladly contributed and I even have a story (and music) from a visit to someone who worked for Chamberlin and had prototypes... in fact I even have some Chamberlin masters. But, really, that movie is so beautifully uncommercial anyway that it would affect nothing if we were mentioned or any of my stories - just perhaps interesting for the Tron lovers. They can find us if they want to.

Speaking of Tron I am going to do a Squids Tron 2 (with all of Tron 1, all of SampleTron and a bunch of previously unreleased tron stuff - the whole archive) some time this year for the Infinite Player. Not announced or anything but it is in the works and it will be really cool with springs coiling back on release and all sorts of nifty things like that. We'll make our own movie about it! ;)
Last edited by Squids on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squids wrote:Speaking of Tron I am going to do a Squids Tron 2 (with all of Tron 1, all of SampleTron and a bunch of previously unreleased tron stuff - the whole archive) some time this year for the Infinite Player. Not announced or anything but it is in the works and it will be really cool with springs coiling back on release and all sorts of nifty things like that. We'll make our own movie about it! ;)
Please do. The Tron 2 and the "Making of...". And while you're at it, could you please add "Rare instruments" as well.

I've just installed Windows 7 and kind of don't want to install SampleTank, as I don't use it for much else than the "Rare instruments" bundle. I'm waiting for AT3 as well so I can skip installing JHE and AT2. I will install the TR singles though.

k

I am going to do Rare Instruments as well but it will be even more deluxe this time.

Squids wrote:I am going to do Rare Instruments as well but it will be even more deluxe this time.
I am not worthy :lol: :lol:

Thanks. My credit card belongs to you now :)

k

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/7083
It would be great if they would play the Echo Arena in Liverpool, 15 minutes from home!!! :D
ESoundz - KindredSpirit

soulata wrote:
Squids wrote:I am going to do Rare Instruments as well but it will be even more deluxe this time.
I am not worthy :lol: :lol:

Thanks. My credit card belongs to you now :)

k
Wait until you hear this violine that has a horn sticking out of it (sort of like a dobro violin) or the Baldwin Electric Harpsichord!

KindredSpirit wrote:http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/7083
It would be great if they would play the Echo Arena in Liverpool, 15 minutes from home!!! :D
Wow that is really cool. I hope they make it. So many times they were going to get back together and couldn't. But, I think all of us feel like these bands should just put aside their differences and dig into their legacy for our benefit! ;) Well it is beneficial to them as well.

I had dinner last night with a good friend of mine who might come work for Sonic Reality. I used to do sounds for him when he was the head of the Alesis QS development. We were talking about what gigs he was working on and oddly enough he said he's in ASIA. But there's two ASIA's now. He told me the whole story So bizarre. I guess the original line up is back together (always liked that line up actually - that first album had potential) and then there's the later one with John Payne (who uses our software - so does Geoff Downes). So now there's two of them. Strange but fun for him. He's a proghead so... right up his alley. Although more pop prog.

Squids wrote:We're at NAMM in Anaheim. Drummer Tracks (which are song length play along drum tracks done by the same drummers of our Drum Masters series - this is something for everyone) and more.

If you check on www.sonicreality.com today you will see more news and new mp3 demos provided by a variety of composers including some KVRians you may know such as Luca and Dimitar (thanks guys!). So stay tuned for more info.
Tracks to play with the new AT3 I can't wait. It's like playing in a band without all the scheduling BS plus the drummer never bangs between songs :hihi: :D

Squids wrote:I might post some photos from the show as well.
Was that a photo of your brother Gary at IK I saw getting the AmpliTube Fender wins Electronic Musician 2010 Editors' Choice Award?
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”