PRODUCTS

HERE

Cheers,

Steve

hollowsun wrote:HERE

Cheers,

Steve
Purchased and downloading... :)

BTW the zip file is around 450 MB and that's a reasonable size IMO.

:!: UPDATE:

Download is finished, the size of the extracted files is 548 MB. The set contains 120 Kontakt 3 programs (including programs with the "raw" multisamples" and 435 wav samples.

In the Kontakt 4 Player the files only work in demo mode. It seems like only NI sample sets are able to run unlimited. Maybe sooner or later i'll have to buy the full Kontakt 4...
I imported the files with Ableton Sampler and this seems to work perfectly (testing now !!), including the additional settings for the Amp Envelope.

I have only played a few patches but they are all awesome IMO. Now i am really exited... :love:

More comments will follow later. If i do some new programs i'll post them as soon as possible like Steve already proposed.

:!: UPDATE:
Checking the imported setting of Ableton Sampler now. Some settings don't seem to be right. Comparing in Kontakt Player now...

Checked it and of course the Kontakt effects are missing when importing into Ableton Sampler. In some cases also the envelope settings are not correctly imported.

The final solution for 100% correct programs only seems to be to use the original full version of Kontakt 3 or 4 or to reprogram the Ableton Sampler instruments (using Instrument racks).
I realized that the programs use too many Kontakt functions like FX, filters, envelopes, etc. to emulate this in Ableton Sampler. This is not a problem if you want to use the "raw" Novachord samples.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

at last!!! i'm purchasing in a couple of hours !!! cant wait to download this !!!

Bought it and downloading it now. This was a no-brainer purchase for me. Totally unique.

Until i get the full version of Kontakt 4 for full functionality i decided that the "pure" or "dry" samples which i get in Ableton Sampler are beutiful enough to get nice sounds. To be honest this is even closer to the original sound... :)

The synthesis functions of Ableton Sampler are powerful enough (to be honest maybe even better than Kontakt...) to make my own patches anyway... Add the Kjaerhus Classic Chorus to this and you're done !! :D
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo,

If you're feeling all magnanimous and altruistic and you come up with any Ableton patches you feel like sharing, do make them available.

Glad you're liking them so far :)

Cheers,

Steve

hollowsun wrote:Ingo,

If you're feeling all magnanimous and altruistic and you come up with any Ableton patches you feel like sharing, do make them available.

Glad you're liking them so far :)

Cheers,

Steve
I found that it's almost impossible to recreate your original patches but if i make some new patches i'll share them. :)

On the other side i am planning to get the full Kontakt 4 soon as this problem will continue in the future and will make life easier.

For synthesis i think Ableton sampler is better IMHO.

UPDATE:

Starting from the "basic" programs i already created a bunch of patches for Ableton Sampler. They use different filters, the filter shaper and some modulations. Some patches are only slight modifications of the original patches.
Additionally a good chorus effect like e.g. Kjaerhus Classic Chorus (free plugin) is recommended:
http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/download.php#free

Hopefully i can publish those patches tomorrow. For using them the users must at least import the "basic" patches (the ones with the "X" in the name) to the Ableton Live library. I used Live 8.1.1 with the latest version of Sampler (v1.5) for this.

Later i'll also try to make Instrument racks which include the corresponding Ableton effects (or the free Kjaerhus effects...)
Ingo Weidner

I just purchased the CD of Phil Cirocco from Novachord Restauration project here:

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/novachordrestoration

One of the very rare CDs using exclusively the Novachord. Very nice !!

Some sounds are so "spooky" that you could think the instrument is broken... :D

UPDATE:

I tried something new now. I made 3 instances of the same Novachord patch and detuned 2 of them 12 cents up and down. The result is really thick and sick at the same time !! Like using a chorus effect but better. :D

If you now add an Chorus to all 3 instances it's like a whole Novachord orchestra. :love:
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:I just purchased the CD of Phil Cirocco from Novachord Restauration project here:

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/novachordrestoration

One of the very rare CDs using exclusively the Novachord. Very nice !!

Some sounds are so "spooky" that you could think the instrument is broken...
thanks for the tip Ingonator! just bought it myself and it's mesmerising !

Ingonator wrote:I just purchased the CD of Phil Cirocco from Novachord Restauration project here:
Phil's CD is sublime.
Ingonator wrote:I tried something new now. I made 3 instances of the same Novachord patch and detuned 2 of them 12 cents up and down. The result is really thick and sick at the same time !! Like using a chorus effect but better. :D

If you now add an Chorus to all 3 instances it's like a whole Novachord orchestra. :love:
Many of the more 'out there' Kontakt patches use that technique - layering Novachord sampls on top of each other and detuning to create thick, lush textures.

Try panning them left/right for each layer to create a wide stereo panorama too.

Also, try layering and tuning one layer an octave down.... or fifth up, whatever.

Now add some filter sweeps and stuff!!

SOOOO many possibilities with this soundset. And yet the intrinsic character of the Novachord imposes in a way that you just cannot replicate using bog standard, clean and uniform synth waveforms.

Cheers,

Steve

hollowsun wrote: Many of the more 'out there' Kontakt patches use that technique - layering Novachord sampls on top of each other and detuning to create thick, lush textures.

Try panning them left/right for each layer to create a wide stereo panorama too.

Also, try layering and tuning one layer an octave down.... or fifth up, whatever.

SOOOO many possibilities with this soundset. And yet the intrinsic character of the Novachord imposes in a way that you just cannot replicate using bog standard, clean and uniform synth waveforms.

Cheers,

Steve
Agreed. Many thanks for the tips, Steve. :)

BTW i added links for the sample set and this thread to the Samples and Instruments forum at the existing Novachord threads.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:BTW i added links for the sample set and this thread to the Samples and Instruments forum at the existing Novachord threads.
Thanks Ingo.

I did think to mention it there but didn't want to overstay my welcome with the KVR mods.

Cheers,

Steve

hi steve, congratulations on the release. the demos sound beautiful and remind me a lot of my old klaus schulze cds (still my favourite albums). so, guess what, i purchased the novachord sampleset two hours ago (though i still think it is bit high priced). keep up the good work and i hope you already have some nice ideas for more fascinating instrument samples.
cheers

hollowsun wrote:
Phil's CD is sublime.
Ingonator wrote:I tried something new now. I made 3 instances of the same Novachord patch and detuned 2 of them 12 cents up and down. The result is really thick and sick at the same time !! Like using a chorus effect but better. :D

Many of the more 'out there' Kontakt patches use that technique - layering Novachord sampls on top of each other and detuning to create thick, lush textures.

Cheers,

Steve
Today i purchased NI Komplete 6 at my local Music Store. Since the single version of Kontakt 4 is only a little bit cheaper than Komplete 6 buying the single product made no sense for me.
So finally i will be able to fully use all Kontakt programs/samples. :D

Now i am installing Komplete 6, lot's of work... :cry: :wink:

UPDATE: The Komplete 6 installation is finished, took over 2,5 hours including updates...

Now without the restrictions of the Kontakt Player (timeout etc.) and Ableton Sampler (many Kontakt features not imported/replicable) i am able to fully enjoy all 120 Kontakt programs. :love:
Of course it will also help with the other Hollow Sun and 3rd party sample sets.
Ingo Weidner

I purchased it yesterday and spent the evening playing with all the presets. The samples are very organic sounding, but I can't seem to play anything that doesn't sound spooky! :-o

Anyway, I really like it. :)

Return to “Hollow Sun”