Which plugins don't work with Windows 7?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

highkoo wrote:
yellowfever wrote:Why not just use a system that works and is solid? XP 32 all the way.
for me at least, and a lot of others, it is ALL about the ram.
without more than 3.4GB, my tracks just dont work. and 64bit is the only way to get over that hump. simple as that.

OT, i just made the big Win7 64 switch, and im a bit of a plugin whore...
so far, every single plug in that ive installed and tested works just fine with no issues. ive had far more issues with old isntallers than the plugs themselves, so far.
and im not just using big name poplular plugs by any means. half of my stuff is home made freebie stuff from right here at kvr.

i am sort of right in the middle of the install/testing though, so this thread is scaring me a little.
i am fully expecting to find that at least one of my favorite favorites wont work...

audio aside, i still have only one complaint with W7, and its the 'windows-remembering-position' thing, and i think its ridiculous, and im waiting to see if i can get used to it.
i wont go back to anything 32bit though...

Yes 64 bit is good for RAM. Problem is that if you have any older songs that use plugs that dont work in 64 bit your screwed. Rewire also isnt 64 bit.

Return to “Instruments”