Haiti CD "Music For Haiti" now shipping!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi@all!

The Haiti CD incl. bonus tracks is available now! Thanks to the musicians here at KVR we got a very nice compilation from chill out/ambient to pop/rock songs. The profit of selling the CD goes to the Red Cross to help the victims of the Haiti Earthquake.

For infos, song samples and order possibilities visit the project website:

www.music-for-haiti.de

Want to support the project? Promote the CD by putting a link onto your website, tell your friends, buy a CD (of course :D )...

- Mark Henning
AnaMark - The VST Synth --- Now it's freeware!

AnaMark wrote:Hi@all!

The Haiti CD incl. bonus tracks is available now! Thanks to the musicians here at KVR we got a very nice compilation from chill out/ambient to pop/rock songs. The profit of selling the CD goes to the Red Cross to help the victims of the Haiti Earthquake.

For infos, song samples and order possibilities visit the project website:

www.music-for-haiti.de

Want to support the project? Promote the CD by putting a link onto your website, tell your friends, buy a CD (of course :D )...

- Mark Henning
Links set - check
Friends told - check
buy??? - General Failure Error. Press any key to continue :P

I think I'll have to take a run at that to get up momemtum. Have you any idea how hard it is to get tenners that are glued to the ceiling :shock:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:I think I'll have to take a run at that to get up momemtum. Have you any idea how hard it is to get tenners that are glued to the ceiling :shock:
what glued to what? Oh damn, I should improve my english for runaways(*), hehe... I really can't follow what you mean here. :oops:

(*) That was a funny german book which translated german phrases word-by-word into english. That way, "runaway" is taken instead of "advanced learner" or "to bomb the grass" was taken instead of "to spray the grass". :D

- Mark Henning

Good. I'll promote it to my hearts content of course. :)

Great job getting the CD out there along with the downloads - will certainly spread the word.

AnaMark wrote:
folderol wrote:I think I'll have to take a run at that to get up momemtum. Have you any idea how hard it is to get tenners that are glued to the ceiling :shock:
what glued to what? Oh damn, I should improve my english for runaways(*), hehe... I really can't follow what you mean here. :oops:
The (usually) white bit of the room above your head :)

The idea is to suggest some miser sticks money to the ceiling so everyone can see he has it but nobody can actually get to it!
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:The idea is to suggest some miser sticks money to the ceiling so everyone can see he has it but nobody can actually get to it!
I see. Do you need a kick? This sometimes helps to accelerate. :D

- Mark Henning

Nice project!
AnaMark wrote:Want to support the project? Promote the CD by putting a link onto your website, tell your friends, buy a CD (of course :D )...
Donate me some webspace and a web designer; I will put a link there then. Hehe.

So that leaves you with telling your friends, buying the CD or purchasing a download - any one of those would actually be helpful and contribute something !

synthtweaker wrote:So that leaves you with telling your friends, buying the CD or purchasing a download - any one of those would actually be helpful and contribute something !
Got the CD this evening. :D Sounds brilliant! I like it!

isnt this a modern form of absolution crossed with commerce?
i mean buying something to feel good - not only for yourself but also for the people in haiti as a bonus?
this never really works in the longterm - thats why the catholic church is so rich and useless today.
i also must think of product offerings like: "buy 2 for one!" good deal? i dont know but i feel that its something wrong with it. not that i dont trust the seller, its more like this doesnt change anything by the root, instead its like makeup that gets sprayed on top to cover up the mess.
haitians over the last centuries seem to have been kept in constant dependance to others. how can we change this? not at all by giving more money to them. similar problem is with africa where countries also are kept "immature" just to being able to exploit them.
how to change this situation again?
i dont know, not buying the cd and instead selling yourself may be worth a try.
but i also do not want to totally oppose to this cd offer because i assume some good will by the author and will leave it alone for now.

How very generous of you.

Now instead of damning with faint praise, how's about you actually get up and do something yourself, seeing as you have all the answers.

Sorry, everyone else. People like this make me angry.

i did not intend to make you or anyone else angry, neither do i know any answer. but if being anrgy is your reaction i also cannot help you dealing with it. my post is just random thoughts floating and catched. and as i said i dont damn this cd at all, maybe i just wanted to point out that it may be of little use to what it was primarily intended for.

and you have a good point of me getting up and doing something myself - i am agreeing with this.

Michael Benjamin wrote:isnt this a modern form of absolution crossed with commerce?
Do you really think that someone seriously believes that buying this CD will save his soul in any way?

And as far as commerce is concerned: I cannot talk for the others. At least I don't see which commercial benefit this should have for me. I don't sell my music (I put it online for free for everyone, keep it for me or give it away for free as with this project), so having my name on the CD won't be of any commercial benefit for me here.
Michael Benjamin wrote: i mean buying something to feel good - not only for yourself but also for the people in haiti as a bonus?
this never really works in the longterm
[...]
haitians over the last centuries seem to have been kept in constant dependance to others. how can we change this? not at all by giving more money to them.
Maybe you got something wrong here. This project is not intended for development aid. It is intended to help people which suffered a heavy earthquake.

A few years ago in the village I lived, a house completely burned out. The family lost a son (3 or 4 years old) and everything they had; there was no insurance giving them money. A lot of people donated money to help them.

According to what you said, this was wrong. It didn't give them their son back (the main disaster they suffered, of course). And it did also not solve their lapse to put fire detectors in every room in the years before the fire. Do you think it would have been better to tell them "Here is a job. Work and you will earn money to buy a part of what you lost. And in the next house, use some fire detectors."?

And now imagine, that this does not happen to one family, but to the whole village, to the whole country. So there is no one left in the neighborhood who can help out.

What, do you think, shall I do? Shall I tell the people "You know, in the past something went wrong with your country. I don't have a clue how to solve this, so I leave you alone."?
Michael Benjamin wrote: how to change this situation again? i dont know
Let's face one thing: I am not the president of the united states, but just a man on the street. My possibilities are very limited. I know that. I cannot save the world, but I can try to contribute to it.

It is O.K. when you say "This is not a perfect solution. I know better and do it."

I don't know whether it is the same with you, but I know several people who only tell you the first part: "This is not a perfect solution." and then take this as a lame excuse for doing nothing.

- Mark Henning

thank you for the friendly reply.
when i rethink this i can see that it certainly does no harm in anyway.
still, i am left with some kind of reflex everytime things like these happen on a large scale. something seems only to care when natural disasters happen, but dont care when meanwhile humanmade desasters happen (which are more of a sustained type of modern slavery and careless exploitation of earth, not a singular event).

so what do i do, what do i do? not much really.
just trying to live in a way that 7 milliards of people could also live without dumping the earth into oblivion.
i also try to not judge people for what they do (note that this also includes you, my comments were just on the action, not yourself, i hope i made that clear - i think you are fine as you are, including the people that like your cd).
is this enough? probably not. but i am also trying not to judge myself, and hopefully this gets better with time.

so this is maybe the best occasion to remind that the origin of the desaster is not the earthquake, but human made. on the other side it also may be the worst occasion, but thats equal anyway.

Return to “Music Cafe”