Accessing parameter propretires from a vst 2.4

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I'am curently working on a plugin wrapper wich need to access the parameter properties of thewrapped plugin.
VST 2.4 extensions provides the folowing opcode to be used by the dispatcher : effGetParameterProperties.
My code is:

Code: Select all

for(int i=0;i<512;i++){
VstParameterProperties vstParameter;
	if (  proxyDispatcher(vstEffect, effGetParameterProperties, i, 0, &vstParameter, 0) == 1 )
	cs->SendGenericParameterMessage(0,vstParameter.displayIndex,(float)vstParameter.minInteger,(float)vstParameter.maxInteger,vstParameter.label);
	}
It doesn't work.
Any idea ?

By the way, how can i retrive parameteter properties for a plugin using VST 2.3 ?

Thx.

drolland wrote: It doesn't work.
Any idea ?
It does work, if the host happens to support it. Almost none do.

mystran wrote:It does work, if the host happens to support it. Almost none do.
Replace "host" with "PlugIn" in this case. He wants to wrap a PlugIn. Many PlugIns don't support this.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

drolland wrote:By the way, how can i retrive parameteter properties for a plugin using VST 2.3 ?
getParameterProperties() is in the spec since V2.0.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

arakula wrote:
mystran wrote:It does work, if the host happens to support it. Almost none do.
Replace "host" with "PlugIn" in this case. He wants to wrap a PlugIn. Many PlugIns don't support this.
Oops, sorry. Well, doesn't change anything, not widely supported either way. :P

VST.NET uses a ParameterNormalization object to handle this transparently.

All parameter values are coerced into the [0,1] range by default in a VST.NET plugin. This means the plugin can work internally within any range it chooses, but an external call to GetParameter will always yield a [0,1] value.

When a VST.NET plugin gets a call on the GetParameterProperties, it communicates these internal ranges and drops the normalization logic. Now calls to GetParameter will return the exact (internal) value.

Perhaps you could use a similar mechanism to solve your problem?

Hope it helps.
Grtx, Marc Jacobi.
VST.NET | MIDI.NET

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”