FL Studio and system exclusive

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was looking and searching almost everywhere possible, but I can not figure a way, how to send sysex from FL Studio. Right now, I am using MIDI-OX and I send sysex manually to the synth. But before each project I need, or want, to send a different bank of instruments to the synth via sysex. It is quite annoying now, because I have to remember or note somewhere which bank is used in which project and then manually locate this bank and send it from MIDI-OX.
What I would like is that the with project associated bank is sended automatically when project loads... is it somehow possible? An easy way?
I am quite sure, that I did this in old Octamed Sound Studio on Amiga, where a sysex message could be triggered by a command, it worked like a charm :)

stay juicy!

zerbaski wrote:I was looking and searching almost everywhere possible, but I can not figure a way, how to send sysex from FL Studio. Right now, I am using MIDI-OX and I send sysex manually to the synth. But before each project I need, or want, to send a different bank of instruments to the synth via sysex. It is quite annoying now, because I have to remember or note somewhere which bank is used in which project and then manually locate this bank and send it from MIDI-OX.
What I would like is that the with project associated bank is sended automatically when project loads... is it somehow possible? An easy way?
I am quite sure, that I did this in old Octamed Sound Studio on Amiga, where a sysex message could be triggered by a command, it worked like a charm :)
AFAIK FL can not send sysex by itself but with bundled "Synth Maker" version you can make your own very effective VST interface sysex control ..Ask in their forum.

I was trying to accomplish this task in Synthmaker, but I am lame to figure out how. But I tried nf_mfsyx plugin. It's working! BUT! I am unable to load a sysex file :( I can normaly select the file, but it won't show up in the text field, it remains empty :(
Also, save as syx or txt doesn't work, I am only able to copy the message and paste in the text field. That wouldn't be so much of a problem, if the message would be saved with the FL project....and it isn't.... :cry:

you are using sysex patch and bank data , for an external synth that does not
store that information ?...

if it is just a question of sending change commands ,
the midi-out channel generator will send patch , and bank change ...

It does store that information, but I'm using different banks for different projects. It can't store ALL of the banks, but only one bank. To tell the truth it is a veeeery old Roland D-110 :) Which I decided to bring back to life from nostalgic reasons :)
Anyway, after restart, I don't know why and how, but the plugin nf_mfsyx is now working properly, it reloads the sysex message when option Autoload is on and send it without a problem. Thanks everyone :clap:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”