AlgoMusic...?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

Thought it was about time to make a few things clear about AlgoMusic...

First of all, I have to apologize for the long absence here.

Tim C's sudden passing last year was a collosal blow to my heart, and for a long time I didn't know what to do.

Also, to make things worse, Boris K (of AMB fame) had serious health problems, while I had (and still have) a lot of nasty family problems...

So, the last year has been a terrible one - a year I wish to no one.

Anyway, life goes on (as always), and things are now slowly improving, so I have been working on a new project for some time.
It's called "SEns", and it's a (string) Ensemble synth (no samples!) that offers a vast range of ensemble sounds (14 voices max!) combined with a unique set of FX to spice things up.

There have been questions about our NFR policy lately.
It is true that we no longer (officially) support licence transfers.
The reason for this is that we had multiple requests every week - it really became too much.
Besides, we have no way to check whether the seller deletes his/her copy. I also like to stress that our price tag is usually extremely moderate..., so what's the point anyway ?

Thanks for your time, hope you understand...

Best,
Guido (aka Dr Ambient)

Hi Guido,

Welcome back, I wish good luck to you and your projects, and whatever happened to Boris I wish all the best to him. Tim's trip to the other side was hard to many here at KVR as well.

Please keep bringing all AlgoMusic good stuff. :)

Alex.

Hello Guido,

I understand it's been hard, but if it can consolate you I've had many hours of fun with the M42 nebula synthesizer which is a really unique instrument in it's own right. Now that Tim have past I find the instrument even more special has he will not be able to contribute new presets anymore. :(
I find that Cynthia have that special vibe too, it is why I should buy it!!
Keep up the good work my friend. :)

DrAmbient wrote:Hi guys,

Thought it was about time to make a few things clear about AlgoMusic...

First of all, I have to apologize for the long absence here.

Tim C's sudden passing last year was a collosal blow to my heart, and for a long time I didn't know what to do.

Also, to make things worse, Boris K (of AMB fame) had serious health problems, while I had (and still have) a lot of nasty family problems...

So, the last year has been a terrible one - a year I wish to no one.
Hi Guido,
yeah, life seems to offer us such beauty and tragedy, some times in a small space of time.
Just waking up every morning seems to be a blessing in it's self some times.
I do hope things keep looking up and healthy for you and your family and Boris K.

As for new software, YAY! New AlgoMusic Stuff :D

And why would any one want to give up Algomusic VSTs??

Some of the best sounding synths around! Not to mention the MORE than reasonable prices!

And one of the things that caught my eye is the look of M42, one of the things that I cant help looking at when buying a software synth is how it looks, if it sounds great and looks great I'm hooked, the looks and colors of Algomusic and AMB are some of the best!

Oh! and last be not least is the support from AlgoMusic's support and encouragement, namely Dr.Ambient !! You rock dud 8) !!

Stay well mate, ScottAC

abstractcats wrote: And one of the things that caught my eye is the look of M42, one of the things that I cant help looking at when buying a software synth is how it looks, if it sounds great and looks great I'm hooked, the looks and colors of Algomusic and AMB are some of the best!
I have to agree, there's something that make me comfortable when sitting in front of the M42, I think it's a very well made design & I don't understand the initial criticisms regarding it's GUI. For me it look very good.

I miss TimC..... I had relatively limited contact with him - it was all through email - but, it was all cordial :D

I will always hold on to my M42 license for that is forever now, in my mind, his instrument.....

Dr. Ambient - I do not know who you are and do not mean to slight you in any way.....

I just know that for me, M42 will always remind me of Tim....

dnekm wrote:I miss TimC..... I had relatively limited contact with him - it was all through email - but, it was all cordial :D

I will always hold on to my M42 license for that is forever now, in my mind, his instrument.....

Dr. Ambient - I do not know who you are and do not mean to slight you in any way.....

Rightly so, but it was very much a team effort.

The two of us set out to do a spacesynth, after we had been working on a algorithmic MIDI generator for the Atari platform of computers - that's also how we got to know each other.

You know - Tim had a way of inspiring people :-)

He set the outlines, so I had a frame to work with.
It had to be a dual synthesizer design (one VA and the other SF), with 2 LFO's each synth, and of course Tim's hobbyhorse: TOTEM 'compatibility'.

Then I wrote the plug, adding stuff like the PSR (Pulsar), the ARP, the Warp, and the dual BPM synced delay...

And then Tim did his trademark thing: the presets :-)
The rest is history.

Guido

Welcome back.

Guido,

My heart goes out to you. I knew Tim as well, but not as well as you did. It was a shock.

I LOVE the sound of your new synth and cannot wait to hear more.

I am still interested in doing a project with you using new sample material from us. Let me know if you are interested at all.

Mike

DrAmbient wrote:
dnekm wrote:I miss TimC..... I had relatively limited contact with him - it was all through email - but, it was all cordial :D

Rightly so, but it was very much a team effort.

The two of us set out to do a spacesynth, after we had been working on a algorithmic MIDI generator for the Atari platform of computers - that's also how we got to know each other.

You know - Tim had a way of inspiring people :-)

He set the outlines, so I had a frame to work with.
It had to be a dual synthesizer design (one VA and the other SF), with 2 LFO's each synth, and of course Tim's hobbyhorse: TOTEM 'compatibility'.

Then I wrote the plug, adding stuff like the PSR (Pulsar), the ARP, the Warp, and the dual BPM synced delay...

And then Tim did his trademark thing: the presets :-)
The rest is history.

Guido
The M42 is the first virtual instrument I purchased and is still one of my all-time-favorites.

You guys really did a great job with it and it will always remind me of Tim (although I have a TON of instrument's with his signature presets).

I always knew it was a team effort and your programming skills are excellent. The M42 is not only wonderful, but stable as hell.

I hope Boris is OK.

Mike

I apologize, like I said, I never intended to slight you in any way....

And Tim did have a way of inspiring people....

I look forward to what the future holds for AlgoMusic.... :D

Welcome back,

might I ask, if we'll also see some updates to some of the already released plugins (Atomic seems sometimes a little bit unstable) ?

Welcome back. Take your time and work on stuff at a comfortable pace. KVR don't seem the same without Tim. Everytime I see TC on a soundbank I'm reminded of Tim, but it is a good reminder. He will be around in spirit for a long time.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Thanks guys, for the encouragement.
losan wrote:Welcome back,

might I ask, if we'll also see some updates to some of the already released plugins (Atomic seems sometimes a little bit unstable) ?
Is that so? Noone so far reported problems like that with Atomic...

Updates.

No serious plans yet, except for some small bugfixes, to be released soon.
(a few users reported screen corruption while using CZynthia or M51)

But I'd very much would like to update good old M42, one day.

As far as the AMB plugins are concerned, this is a real sad story.
Boris K (the author) has lost all original sources in a hd crash, so all plugs have to be rebuilt from scratch.
Not exactly an easy task :-(

Guido

Welcome back.

I was just thinking about Tim the other day...miss him.

You carry on his memory. Thanks for that.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Return to “AlgoMusic”